Talk

Advanced search

Boots 'Naked' range - hair feels wierd!

(18 Posts)
cubscout Thu 11-Oct-12 07:54:23

I have used a 'Naked' shampoo a couple of times now and my hair feels horrible. Sort of sticky and not completely dry if that makes any sense. Anyone else had this experience? I've bought a bulk supply <sob> as it was on special offer. I seem to remember using it a year or so ago and it was fine.

shinyblackgrape Thu 11-Oct-12 07:59:17

Yes - I used it years ago. Only for a week and my hair felt it was covered in slime by the end of it. Horrid stuff. Sorry!

AgathaFusty Thu 11-Oct-12 08:18:10

Same here, takes so long to wash out properly and feels either slimy or dry.

cubscout Thu 11-Oct-12 08:49:37

Thanks, that's exactly what my hair feels like! It's going in the bin.

Eliza22 Thu 11-Oct-12 09:05:38

Don't bin it. Boots always refund if your not happy.

EllieorOllie Thu 11-Oct-12 09:09:05

I'm having that with Weleda too. I think it's something to do with it being free of chemicals. You might need to persevere, or maybe look up a thread about such shampoos. I seem to remember there's a slightly different washing technique...

I don't know the shampoo in question but is it a " no poo ". Sulphate free product? If so it could be that it isn't removing silicones from any other product that you use on your hair. (conditioner, hairspray, mouse, serum, etc....)

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 11:38:58

Oh it's vile stuff - my hair was greasy and yet oddly straw like after using it!

TheKettle Thu 11-Oct-12 11:49:10

I had that experience with Naked too! All the curly hair forum-ers rave about it so I tried it. The one I've got is Naked Rescue Intensive Care Shampoo. My hair feels like straw when I'm washing it and looks awful dry.

Lola yes it is a sulphate free product but I don't use any silicones on my hair at all and still get this horrible residue feeling in my hair.

Anyway my Naked shampoo -which is a standalone brand not Boots although that's where I bought it - is now used as a foot soak....

bishboschone Thu 11-Oct-12 12:16:47

I have mine away was horrid .. Try body shop hair products .. Much much nicer!!

fedupofnamechanging Thu 11-Oct-12 12:22:48

It made my hair really greasy. At first it was fine, but the more I used it, the more it was like washing my hair in fairy liquid.

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 12:29:19

YY Body Shop products are amazing!

HipHopOpotomus Thu 11-Oct-12 12:30:05

The Naked Curl Control Conditioner and Naked Curl Control Cream (silicone free), are both genius products that work miracles like no other on DD's fine corkscrews!

cubscout Thu 11-Oct-12 13:19:23

Well very kind sister has gone out to buy something nice for my hair as I'm dying (flu). I can't face persevering, however eco friendly it is. Body shop when I feel better!

TapselteerieO Thu 11-Oct-12 13:54:24

I tried it and my hair felt very brittle afterwards, I tend to use Faith in Nature because my hair gets on so much better with their shampoos and they have quite a few different kinds of shampoo, so I can change shampoo without changing brand.

TapselteerieO Thu 11-Oct-12 13:57:58

Haven't tried this Pomegranate one but it sounds good, I like their seaweed shampoo, the hemp & meadowfoam and also the chocolate shampoo they do, the lavender and geranium is good too, though I am not as keen on it.

HipHopOpotomus Thu 11-Oct-12 15:55:17

I've used 'natural' conditioners in the past and found them to be, without exception rubbish - I include Green people, Faith in nature, Body Shop etc in this category. these brands seem to be GREAT for shampoos, but ineffective in the conditioner region.

Can beat Aussie for a good conditioner IMO. (Though I did used DD's Naked curl conditioner at the weekend as we were away and though it brill on my straight locks)

Itsgottabebags Thu 11-Oct-12 17:47:17

I used to use Naked shampoo and it was great for my curly hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now