Talk

Advanced search

Vain people - please help; pregnant and wrinkly!

(2 Posts)
RubyrooUK Wed 10-Oct-12 22:05:30

Okay, I am pregnant and in my mid-thirties. I seriously look like I have aged about 5 years since getting pregnant (this is my second baby). I am so shocked as I don't remember this from last time - the getting fat bit I do remember, obviously.

When I am not pregnant, I have an ok beauty routine but I wouldn't go for regular facials. Most of the time I look alright and don't need to. I had botox a couple of times in the past couple of years (when not pregnant or breastfeeding, obviously) which made me look less tired generally as I get deep frown marks and have headaches. But this isn't that regular as normally my skin is pretty ok for my age, I think, and the headaches haven't been too bad recently.

I probably shouldn't care about the wrinkles as I'm so happy to be pregnant again. But clearly I am a bit vain. And frankly if you do a job that involves going to lots of events and occasionally appearing on TV and you have a toddler keeping you up at night, you are tired and the wrinkles make you feel old and rubbish. (My job is not exciting by the way. I am not a celebrity.)

SO...what things can I do to my face that are safe for pregnancy/breastfeeding that might help me look less like a prune?

Thanks,

Vain of Vainville

RubyrooUK Wed 10-Oct-12 22:32:26

Really? No-one is as vain as me?

Goddamnit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now