Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find something like this bag, pleeeease????

(10 Posts)
mumat39 Wed 10-Oct-12 18:18:48

Hello

Ever since I discovered the Doesmybumlook40 blog I've been obsessing about the Marc by Marc Jacob Faridah Hobo bag. I can't find the exact same one but have found this one which is not available anymore. that makes me feel really quite sad, which is sad. I have never felt so strongly about a bag before so was wondering if any of you kind and wise ladies (and gents) might know where I can get something similar.

Basically I love everything about it, the slouch invests, the look and the way it hangs when it's on the shoulder or in the hand. So does such a bag exist?

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Until then I'll just keep looking at the picture of it and feeling like a love sick teenager. This is a strange feeling.

Many thanks in advance.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 10-Oct-12 18:43:01

A lot of MJ bags have that look. What about this? www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/marc-by-marc-jacobs-hobo-tote-item-10156142.aspx

fedupofnamechanging Wed 10-Oct-12 18:53:21

www.blondiemania.com/shop/shoulder-bags/petrolina-bag

How about this one? I have it in red and it is lovely

mumat39 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:22:23

That's brilliant. Thank you both.

Ceecee, I know what you mean about the look of marc jacobs bags, but a lot of the newer styles are just more neat looking Nd I'm after something more relaxed if that makes sense. I do like the one you linked to though so if I ever go back to work that would def be the sort of thing I'd go for.

Karma, that bag is lovely. They don't have it in red. I'd probably go for it in black as I'm not that brave with colours. Can I ask, the pockets on the outside, do they have flaps over them or are they open? I can't see any flaps. Also is the top just open?

It looks really big on the model in the picture, but I'm a lot bigger that she is so it would probably be less big on me, if that makes sense. It definitely looks promising, thank you so much. D you know if they have discount codes on that site?

mumat39 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:45:30

Karma, Just been looking on the blonde mania site and am wondering about the much cheaper lenasia Have you seen that one? I think the zipped pockets look like a good idea. Any thoughts on that one? Thanks again.

fedupofnamechanging Thu 11-Oct-12 06:42:59

Hi mumat39. I haven't seen the lenasia one, irl (it does look lovely in the picture though) but judging from my petrolina, they seem to be a brand which are very well made. I got mine a couple of years ago and it still looks like new. The leather is lovely and heavy and strong, but it is a 'soft' bag iykwim. The pockets on the outside do open - the buckle isn't 'real' - the flaps close with a magnetic button/clasp (can't think of the right word). The top also closes with a magnetic button, so no zips.

It's worth looking out for them in the sale, especially if you weren't set on having this seasons colours. I bought mine for around £175 from an independent gift shop, rather than a chain.

madammecholet Thu 11-Oct-12 08:35:41

I've got this Lucia and I love it...

mumat39 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:44:21

Hello again.

Karma, I got the Lenasia and it arrived today. It's lovely and a perfect size for me. Thanks for the tip about Blondie Mania, I hadn't come across their website or even heard of them before. I subscribed to their site and received a 10% discount code so got £12 off, which is great.

I'm going to save up for the Petrolina, which I also really like the look of. I think this might be the start of a blondie mania bag fettish grin

Thanks again. smile

mumat39 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:46:31

Madammecholet, thanks for the tip about the Lucia. I really like that one too but will have to save for a bit longer. I'm a scruffy stay at home mum at the moment, but if I ever go back to being in suits again for work, I'll definitely get the Lucia. Thanks for your help too. smile

fedupofnamechanging Tue 16-Oct-12 13:59:00

Hi mumat39. I am really glad that you found a bag you love. I like Blondie Mania and could easily spend lots of money there - I find myself drawn to the pink Petrolina, but can't justify buying it when I already have a red one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now