Talk

Advanced search

Smudgeproof, non-panda eyes mascara - recommendations needed please

(21 Posts)
lashingsofbingeinghere Wed 10-Oct-12 16:53:24

I'm hoping all you clever make-up mavens know of a mascara that does not come off under the eyes.

I have tried Revlon, 17, Max Factor, Maybelline - they all end up smudged, making me look knackered. I have tried a bit of powder under my eyes but nothing seems to stop the mascara transferring onto my skin. This is a long-standing problem, and I am getting desperate. Dying my lashes is not the answer as I have pitifully sparse ones and need that extra volume and length. Any advice?

Lottapianos Wed 10-Oct-12 16:55:13

I'm using No7 Fanomenal and it's great. No smudging but very easy to remove (I use Oil Cleansing Method). Easy to apply and no clumping.

megandraper Wed 10-Oct-12 16:56:33

I have the same problem, so watching with interest.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Oct-12 16:59:45

Benefit 'They're Real'. It is expensive but fab and cleans off very easily despite the fact that it doesn't smudge.

lashingsofbingeinghere Wed 10-Oct-12 17:29:30

Oooh thanks everyone. I will start with No7 and report back.

TheBirdsTheBirds Wed 10-Oct-12 17:32:22

Max Factor 2000 calorie is the only one that doesn't smudge on me, but sounds like you might have tried it.

Neena28 Wed 10-Oct-12 17:38:19

Blinc or the tubing ones from Clinique. I can't use anything else as I look very panda-y after only a few hours!

lashingsofbingeinghere Wed 10-Oct-12 17:44:13

TheBirds - yep, I tried it and it was not as bad as some but not fully non-smudge on me.

Neena28 - I have heard of the tubing type and am curious. But, I am starting with the cheapest (No 7) then moving up until I find my holy grail grin.

ggirl Wed 10-Oct-12 17:52:07

<<KLAXON>>>>>

this is what you need!!!

I have the same problem , think it is caused by greasy lids , don't know really
I love false lash effect waterproof as well but the jemma kidd one is more fullproof if you're looking for non smudger guarantee.
It's not great for volume but hey ho..you gotta compromise somewhere

ggirl Wed 10-Oct-12 17:55:56

oops sorry for the american link

lynniep Wed 10-Oct-12 17:57:59

Blinc. try a free sample from http://www.kiss-and-make-up.co.uk/ as it is expensive. you can also get a sample of the eyeliner there. (you do have to pay about £2.75 for postage, but its worth it for the sample)

steben Wed 10-Oct-12 17:58:31

Clarins lash and brow fix - lasts ages and you wear over mascara - it doesn't move. It was recommended to me by someone on here ages ago and is now a make up bag must have

lashingsofbingeinghere Wed 10-Oct-12 18:18:04

Thanks everyone, loads of recommendations.

ggirl - JemmaK is sold out <sobs>.

Right, I think I need a sample of the Blinc and to check out the Clinique. So many mascaras to choose from....

middleagedspread Wed 10-Oct-12 18:18:30

I had the same question & was recommended Clinique Lash Power . It's totally smudge proof and removes really easily.

Ohsiena Wed 10-Oct-12 20:08:20

Yep Clinique lash power is the only ever mascara I've had that doesn't smudge.

It rubs off in flakes, or tubes, with warm water, but it does not smudge.

I only discovered this at the age of 41, why did no one tell me before? I had years of panda eyes.

tasmaniandevilchaser Wed 10-Oct-12 20:14:19

Estee Lauder double wear zero smudge, it's the only one I buy now. No panda eyes for me since I found it!

www.boots.com/en/Estee-Lauder-Double-Wear-Zero-Smudge-Lengthening-Mascara-6ml_335174/

Madcaplady Wed 10-Oct-12 20:21:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wonkylegs Wed 10-Oct-12 20:24:58

Barbara daly (tesco) waterproof is the only one that doesn't smudge for me.... It's the only non Bobbi Brown make up I buy.

didireallysaythat Wed 10-Oct-12 20:29:04

Estee Lauder's double wear mascara works for me. And Liz Earle's polish wash thing to get it off/

Now, if I could just find an eye liner that stayed the course....

101handbags Thu 11-Oct-12 16:14:23

Yep, another vote for Estee Lauder double wear, I first read about it on here and it's amazing, it will not budge until you take it off. I have to take it off with Clinique Take the Day off, it won't come off without something oily. When you take it off it comes off in sort of eyelash-shaped pieces of mascara so it really does stick to them all day.

lashingsofbingeinghere Thu 11-Oct-12 22:36:43

Thank you to all grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now