Talk

Advanced search

haircuts for 11 year old boys

(14 Posts)
lirael Wed 10-Oct-12 16:28:10

DS1 has just started secondary school. He needs a haircut. Up to now he has been popping round to the barbers who has just cut it shortish all over , but I have a sneaking suspicion that this may not be cool. How are your 11 year olds wearing their hair this season?grin He is a bit geeky, but not ostentatiously if that makes sense!

Chandon Wed 10-Oct-12 17:05:17

I have taken my 10 year old to Toni and Guy recently on their half price session (I think wednesday after 4 pm, or something), and he was given a Justin Bieber style, with that side swept thing going on. The stylist said: "At least we got rid of your schoolboy haircut" to which DS replied:" confused I am a schoolboy".

So not sure, may take him back to barber again next time.

knitknack Wed 10-Oct-12 17:23:00

Yes mine has lots of hair too! Ive stooped cutting it myself and have started king him to the local village hairdressers where most of the stylists are mums and understand the perils of starting secondary school. They layer it it a but and thing out and he tries that side swept thing, it seems to work for him! I'm a teacher a another school and tbh the boys there all just have 'short hair', non of the bieber thing going on... What's cool at one school isn't at another - its very strange!!

knitknack Wed 10-Oct-12 17:23:52

Stopped - taking - bit - at! Blooming' iPad!

knitknack Wed 10-Oct-12 17:24:19

Argh! I give up - sorry

valiumredhead Wed 10-Oct-12 17:30:27

Ds is 11 and has longish hair - bit surfer boy. His hair is a law unto itself!

bigTillyMint Wed 10-Oct-12 17:35:22

My DS is 11 and in Y7 with very thick hair - he has a short haircut - a very short sidesweep fringe, sides burch forward (in a Wiggo-type way confused) and layered all over. Very easy to maintain and looks cool but also sensible. He did have it longer and more surfer-ish, but it just got on his nervesgrin

My hairdresser is fab - just a local place, pretty downmarket compared to most round our way! I stopped letting DH take him to the barbers a couple of years ago as he kept bringing him home with a no. 2 all over shock

bigTillyMint Wed 10-Oct-12 17:36:17

Also just remembered he always asks for a "shape-up" whatever that is!

ChippyMinton Wed 10-Oct-12 18:52:23

DS1 has the Bieber thang going on with a heavy side swept fringe. He's lucky though because it's well-cut and just falls like it without any styling whatsoever. My mobile hairdresser cuts it for him.

lirael Wed 10-Oct-12 19:30:56

Can't see him going for a J Bieber to be honest - for some reason the poor bloke seems to be loathed by Yr 7 boys round here (probably jealous of the attention he gets from girls). Have just had a proper look at his hair blush and although it's too long, it's maybe not that bad from comments on here - layered, short fringe etc. When it gets long the fringe just sort of lies straight across his forehead, which is how it is atm - his hair doesn't seem capable of the sidesweep thing.

Both DS's have quite long, surfer dude hair. DS2 also sports a side swept fringe. They both have long 'sideburn' bits around their ears.

BeatTheClock Wed 10-Oct-12 19:45:44

I have an 11 yr old ds.

I would like his hair something like this

He wants it long but is vague as to what style. I think maybe this sort of thing.

However, despite both our opinions he spends 95% of his life looking like this

And so we never agree..<sigh>hmm

bigTillyMint Wed 10-Oct-12 19:54:44

Beattehclock, DS's is like that first pic, but with the fringe shorter. He would never, ever, ever go out looking like the third pic - way too vain for that!

BeatTheClock Wed 10-Oct-12 20:00:48

We haven't quite hit being interested in how we look just yet (he's not in yr7 yet). Well he's interested, but not if it takes a smidgeon of efforthmm.

I'm sure we'll get there, but when dd reached that phase we could hardly get her out the bathroom, whereas I can hardly get ds in it atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now