Talk

Advanced search

Ankle boot hell - I want some, but there are none I like. Help!

(6 Posts)
Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Oct-12 15:06:42

I have decided to take the plunge and get some ankle boots to wear with opaques and dresses this winter, will possibly wear them with skinnies too.

I can find none that I like, and I'm worried about making a Mum Boot choice.

I have seen some ankle height brogues that I really like and I'm wondering about those instead - can they be worn in the same way or am I going to look a twat?

Please help, as you see I have no clue...

Charliefox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:21:56

I've just bought these. Bargain! direct.asda.com/george/womens-shoes/suedette-shoe-boots/G003986050,default,pd.html

Charliefox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:23:32

I quite like these too www.linzishoes.com/prod.php?id=158350_colour_turquoisesuede

Del123 Wed 10-Oct-12 16:49:03

I had the same problem, spent hours trawling round the shops on Saturday looking for some. In the end I saw someone wearing some brogue like boots and thought they looked cool so changed what I was looking for! I found some brogue boots in Schuh, they are tan, flat but quite delicate too. I am wearing with skinnies but I am sure they will look fine with dresses and skirts.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Oct-12 16:58:34

Del - this is what I am wondering with brogues, although I would like a bit of a heel as I am very short and my legs look stumpy in flats.

Charlie - those are indeed a bargain! I am looking for black ones though, and not suede because they will get wrecked grin

I have seen these online this afternoon, which are the ones I like the most of everything I have looked at.

The brogues I was looking at were these - which looked better IRL, although perhaps it was seeing them through a fog of desperation!

Ohsiena Wed 10-Oct-12 17:41:57

I think brogues are quite unforgiving and generally only look good on tall skinny types with natural boho style. I've tried them before when it was the brogues turn to be in fashion (I'm quite old) in retrospect they did nothing for my short stubby legs.

Ankle boots with a heel so much more flattering.

I'm looking for some cowboy style ankle boots but having no luck.

Also I never know whether to go for black or brown boots. Brown always look so much nicer, but black goes with so much more. Or am I wrong??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now