Talk

Advanced search

Decent girls' winter coats - are there any?

(9 Posts)
jetgirl Wed 10-Oct-12 14:05:54

I am looking for a decent winter coat for 7 y/o DD. I want warm and waterproof. What are your recommendations? It was easy to find one for DS but so many girls' ones appear to be woolen or waterproof but not warm. I also don't want a dark colour. This is too much to ask, isn't it?!

redlac Wed 10-Oct-12 14:10:05

I got this for DD

Its cosy warm and waterproof. don't know if its the style you are after though.

iWILLdothis Wed 10-Oct-12 14:10:54

I got dd a lands end one. £££ but worth it, very warm. Check their clearance section of the website first. Size up and she should get 2yrs wear out of it. Hth.

accessorizequeen Wed 10-Oct-12 19:03:01

Didricksons Jarvis
Mountain warehouse anyu
Various muddy puddles ones
Togz warm & dry

jetgirl Wed 10-Oct-12 19:20:06

Great - some good ideas there, thank you. I am bound to find something my fussy girl will willingly wear!

dancingqueen78 Wed 10-Oct-12 19:23:52

Didriksons Jarvis - LOVE the purple one
Didriksons Devon - if you like really bright colours (I do). Love the fact that they're unisex so you can pass them on to any child afterwards.

We've had previous models of these coats and still do. They're completely waterproof and really warm, even though they don't feel that thick - my kids are wearing theirs from now until April-ish. We're managing to get 3 years per child out of each coat - not bad!

Wolfiefan Wed 10-Oct-12 19:24:30

Are you near an Outlet place or a Go Outdoors? We always have luck in one or the other!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 19:26:06

I second Mountain Warehouse. They are waterproof and VERY warm.

wigwamzam Wed 10-Oct-12 20:21:21

trespass do some nice girly ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now