Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

GRR!! Long boots in size 8/9 that don't bankrupt me

(16 Posts)
fatfingers Wed 10-Oct-12 09:53:07

I am tearing my hair out here! I have been looking for a pair of fashionable, either mid length or knee length black boots in a big size 8 (42) or size 9 but the only ones I can find cost the earth! What do other large footed ladies wear?

I could get some cheapy ones from ebay but I had those last year and a) they were poor fit and b) my feet were freezing and they fell apart. Am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay £100+ from Clarks?

RachelHRD Wed 10-Oct-12 10:09:22

Look in M&S they have a great selection this year up to a size 8. I tried these on yesterday in an 8 and they are lovely and only £99!!Have now ordered them online.

Chandon Wed 10-Oct-12 10:09:50

I don't know.

have been looking for size 8 black boots, did not see any good ones in Clarks though (?!)

Mine need to be extra long as I'm 6ft, but they all look stupid on me and my long legs.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 10:10:18

Mine are from M&S too. Love them, and they last ages.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Wed 10-Oct-12 10:16:54

DON'T LAUGH but Sainsburys had some lovely boots in for about £45 quid when I was in there a few weeks ago, I have has boots from there before and although they don't do a size 9, the size 8 was very big.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Wed 10-Oct-12 10:20:48

Flat boots they were, riding ones.

And these from Asda of all places, go up to a 9. I haven't got these but I bought a pair of boots from Asda 2 years ago and they lasted brilliantly.

fatfingers Wed 10-Oct-12 10:31:02

Bloomin eck GetOrf! Those are good value from Asda. They only have em in chocolate and size 3 or something now though. See, I'm obviously too slow off the mark. Will have a look in Sainsburys and maybe I'll look at Tesco too.

Rachel - they are nice but I've got to have flat ones cos I've got a prolapsed disc in my back so daren't wear heels at all.

Chandon - you're right. It wasn't Clarks - it was Debenhams. I like things like this but they are £115. www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_053010715360_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EShoes+%26amp%3B+boots%7EKnee+high+boots

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Wed 10-Oct-12 10:33:22

They have got low stock in 9s in black direct.asda.com/george/womens-shoes/leather-rider-boots/G003965029,default,pd.html

HardlyEverHoovers Wed 10-Oct-12 10:33:46

Not sure if you're wanting flats or heels but I thought these looked nice
www.bonprix.co.uk/product/studded-side-boots-grey-962237/?type=image

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Wed 10-Oct-12 10:34:27

Why doesn't that bloody link work?

Anyway, look in shoes/boots, they are on page 3 (same style as the chocolate brown ones).

I know boots from Asda sound really lame, but they look and feel a lot better than you would expect them to. The Saimsbury's ones were a bit better though imo (can't fine a link on their useless website).

RachelHRD Wed 10-Oct-12 10:53:32

I know the ones you mean in Sainsbos Getorf and they are nice. M&S have some nice flat boots too under £100 here

fatfingers Wed 10-Oct-12 10:55:50

Love those boots Hardly but they've only got coming soon for sizes 8 and 9 so I'll keep an eye on the website.

I might try the Asda ones actually. Not sure if they might be too wide around the top though GetOrf - I haven't got particularly big calves although they're not skinny either. How did you find them fit wise?

Tamoo Wed 10-Oct-12 11:00:00

There are some nice knee length Hush Puppies on Amazon for £95. I've been looking over the past couple of months and there's nothing much cheaper in real leather. If you have a TK Maxx handy they have good reductions but it's pot luck whether you'll find the style you're looking for.

I've used Branch 309 (online) for reduced brand name shoes/boots in the past and found a nice pair of Caterpillars this year at half price, but again it's a bit pot luck. I also found some half price on the Office website a couple of years ago which are still going strong.

friendlymum67 Wed 10-Oct-12 11:06:51

I second M & S too. Managed to get mine in the sale last year but they are really comfortable and a nice shiney (sp?) leather. Try the outlet site too - you can pick up some fab bargains on there.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Wed 10-Oct-12 12:08:03

The asda boots are quite baggy on me, I find, but I have reasonably slim calves though. Good quality leather for the price.

Allice Wed 10-Oct-12 13:15:39

I bought some knee length leather boots from Sainsburys about the weeks ago, I got them when there was 25% off, they should have been £50 but I paid £37.50.

I'm a size 8 with a slightly wide foot and they fit really well and are really comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now