Talk

Advanced search

Layering basics question

(13 Posts)
owl13 Tue 09-Oct-12 22:34:47

Evening all. I'm after a few high quality scoop neck tops in both black and white. Something like the Hobbs Sophie top, but that's only available in aubergine and ivory. The length is crucial - I hate inadvertently exposing bits of belly. Any suggestions?

owl13 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:17:06

Bumping - as I can't believe that this doesn't exist somewhere... Surely someone can suggest something??? Please?

aftereight Wed 10-Oct-12 14:53:34

Have you tried Primark? They're surprisingly good quality, and quite long, for £3-3.50 each. In black, white, grey and a dozen other colours!

Not as nice as Hobbs, but the Uniqlo Heattech long sleeved tops are nice - I just got the black scoop neck and it's lovely, very long, and doesn't go baggy at the elbows.

Dancergirl Wed 10-Oct-12 15:00:32

Hush

HotSlate Wed 10-Oct-12 15:04:21

The M&S HeatGen scoop neck long sleeve tops are good - for some reason they are classed as 'thermals' but they don't look underweary, just like light stretchy tops.

persephonejones Wed 10-Oct-12 15:22:03

Another vote for M and S heatgen. I've got all of them! i would say,though, that they are great for layering but don't look great on me on their own ad they are so clingy. But I want a layering top to be clingy as it doesn't add bulk if you know what I mean

bawabod Wed 10-Oct-12 16:27:27

M and S heatgen for me as well, great colours but buy a bigger size if you dont want the clingon factor.

owl13 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:09:40

Thanks all. I've got some of the uniqlo heattech ones but they're a bit clingy, and it may be my imagination, but possibly a bit see through too. And when I say I want tops for layering, really it's for underneath cardis which I'd prefer not to have to button up, which is what I would have to do if my top was either clingy or seethrough...
Will definitely try Marks and Primark. Anywhere else?

HotSlate Thu 11-Oct-12 09:14:34

Gap do similar ones too, I've got a couple but prefer the M&S ones as the Gap ones are v long in the arm and seem to have more lycra in them, which makes them very clingy and a bit awkward to arrange around your body so they aren't all twisty! The Gap ones are nice and long though.

I wouldn't say the M&S ones are see-through, but I wouldn't wear them on their own. They would probably be okay with a not done up cardigan as long as you had a t-shirt bra on.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 11-Oct-12 09:19:38

Isabella Oliver.
And a longer one here.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 11-Oct-12 09:22:26

Also Long Tall Sally - would definitely be long enough!

owl13 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:22:25

Thanks! Much appreciated...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now