Talk

Advanced search

My hands are RUINED - recommend me a hand cream

(33 Posts)
moogdroog Tue 09-Oct-12 21:34:33

Honestly, they are flaking, cracked, sore..

Have just moved into a house that has been completely renovated and have undertaken monumental amounts of cleaning, whilst utterly neglecting myself. I bought rubber gloves yes, but did I use them? No.

Can you tell me of something magic that can fix them?

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 09-Oct-12 21:36:29

I love Soap and Glory Hand Food.

Annunziata Tue 09-Oct-12 21:37:16

Aveeno. It is magic.

Wolfcub Tue 09-Oct-12 21:37:36

flexitol hand balm - stinks but is really very effective

BrianButterfield Tue 09-Oct-12 21:38:22

I have tried millions of hand creams and this one - Garnier daily hand cream with honey - is the only one that shifted a long-standing dry rash I had.

Caerlaverock Tue 09-Oct-12 21:38:33

Hard to beat Vaseline intensive care.

But if you want to spend on something nice Burts bees honey and grape seed oil cream is gorgeous

Caerlaverock Tue 09-Oct-12 21:39:13

Oh, I didn't know flexitime did hand stuff!

twolittlemonkeys Tue 09-Oct-12 21:41:09

The Body Shop Hemp hand cream is excellent - smells a bit funny but works wonders. Alternatively I had a lovely Palmers Cocoa Butter hand cream which smells lush and leaves hands feeling really soft. The best thing I find for really neglected hands is slathering them with loads of your favourite cream before bed (enough that there is a visible film on them!) and wearing cotton gloves all night while the cream soaks in. Makes a big difference in the morning.

ilovemydogandMrObama Tue 09-Oct-12 21:41:16

weleda skin food, body shop hemp

twolittlemonkeys Tue 09-Oct-12 21:41:24

The Body Shop Hemp hand cream is excellent - smells a bit funny but works wonders. Alternatively I had a lovely Palmers Cocoa Butter hand cream which smells lush and leaves hands feeling really soft. The best thing I find for really neglected hands is slathering them with loads of your favourite cream before bed (enough that there is a visible film on them!) and wearing cotton gloves all night while the cream soaks in. Makes a big difference in the morning.

twolittlemonkeys Tue 09-Oct-12 21:42:17

oops sorry for double post!

AhsokaTano Tue 09-Oct-12 21:46:36

L'Occitaine does lovely handcream which makes my over-washed hands feel much better without being too greasy.

Neutrogena is excellent, I also like L'0ccitane Shea Butter and Lush Helping Hands. I know lots of people love it but Body Shop Hemp did nothing for my hands.

LRDtheFeministDragon Tue 09-Oct-12 21:47:12

Almond oil is lovely. Very good for your nails as well.

hugoagogo Tue 09-Oct-12 21:47:20

Aveeno is brilliant.

Also blistex intensive handcream is very good.

Almond oil works well as an overnight treatment, with cotton gloves.

Lavenderhoney Tue 09-Oct-12 21:48:23

Second almond oil! And clarins hand cream is v good.

LBsBongers Tue 09-Oct-12 21:48:25

Aveeno again

NothingTraLaLa Tue 09-Oct-12 21:49:02

I second Aveeno. It's the only thing that works on my cracked and bleeding knuckles. And if you're going to be in rubber gloves for long, hand cream and cotton gloves underneath might help.

I find it hard to get to sleep with gloves on (too hot) and if I do manage I invariably pull them off in the night, same when I've tried it with my feet.

nancerama Tue 09-Oct-12 21:50:47

Crabtree and Evelyn - La Source hand scrub followed by cream. It's got my horrendously neglected hands back in shape in a matter of a couple of days.

MaryZed Tue 09-Oct-12 21:51:07

Go to boots and buy a large tub of Silcox Base (only a couple of quid).

Slather it on twice a day, really thickly, and let it soak in.

It's great stuff. It even sorted dh's hands out when he was rowing and doing a manual outdoor job. His hands were horribly cracked and blistered before finding it.

Pickles77 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:51:30

Body shop hemp hand cream

HyvaPaiva Tue 09-Oct-12 21:54:21

Clarins Jeunesse Des Mains is fantastic. It's very thick and soaks in brilliantly.

MeeWhoo Tue 09-Oct-12 21:57:27

Before you go to bed cover your hands in vaseline and then put on some cotton gloves and keep them on all night, or however long you can stand them!

PoohBearsHole Tue 09-Oct-12 22:00:58

Lansinoh, seriously I recommended to colleague ith cracks in his hands that were bleeding, he practically snogged me a week after when I saw him! It's brilliant for hands I promise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now