Talk

Advanced search

Tear trough fillers - anyone had it done, any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
AgathaFusty Tue 09-Oct-12 15:57:19

Just that really. Hoping to get this done quite soon, but not quite sure where to go. I've got a short list of 2 places, one in Lancashire, one in London, but I would prefer to go somewhere a little nearer, in the Midlands, in possible.

Has anyone had this done? Happy with it? Any recommendations of where to go?

Thanks.

AgathaFusty Tue 09-Oct-12 17:58:21

Shameless bump - c'mon, don't be coy grin

lurkingaround Tue 09-Oct-12 18:58:26

Someone mentioned doing it on a S&B thread lately. I would love to do it, I think the thread suggested the results weren't great.

Someone might tell us.

ggirl Tue 09-Oct-12 19:02:46

oooh think I started a thread about his a while ago but was dissuaded
ended up not going ahead ass afraid of looking like a puffer fish
hang on will search

ggirl Tue 09-Oct-12 19:05:44

i never did make an appt

AgathaFusty Tue 09-Oct-12 20:06:15

Thanks for the link, will have a read through. It is a bit scary, but I've got to the stage now where just catching sight of them in a mirror when out is a bit scary too, so I think I'll go for it.

I had it done about 3 months ago. It was absolutely bloody marvellous. My doctor used a small canula and anaesthetic cream beforehand. Not painful. Slight bruising (around canual site) and puffiness for about 4/5 days afterwards. I was paraniod about the dark circles before, but now they've completely gone. It worked really well for me.

lurkingaround Tue 09-Oct-12 22:11:15

What do they use to fill MissB?
Am sorely tempted.

MissBoPeep Tue 09-Oct-12 22:38:59

Dr Tracey Mountford, London or Bucks is one of the best. Worth the train fare.

AgathaFusty Wed 10-Oct-12 07:41:18

Thanks for all replies.

MissBeehiving - where did you have it done? Did they use Restylane?

Dr Tracey Mountford is the one I was thinking of in London, but I have seen this clinic in Manchester too. She seems fairly known, been doing it a long time, trains people and lectures on the procedure. The thing that is appealing about this one is that she says it lasts 18 months, maybe 3 years. I am going to speak to them about this, as most say it lasts around a year, so that is a big difference if it is true.

Yes, my Dr used Restylane - but I'm in Norwich and had it done locally to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now