Talk

Advanced search

School run uniform

(9 Posts)
Pugless Tue 09-Oct-12 14:11:48

Talking in the school yard i was told by one of the other mums (not in a nasty way) that i wear the classic school run mum uniform didnt realise there was a uniform. I wear my uggs skinny jeans a slouchy jumper and my hair in a messy knot. Does that sound like a school run uniform? confused

ujjayi Tue 09-Oct-12 14:33:44

What does the other mum wear? She sounds a bit judgey-pants - and perhaps I am mis-reading it but I would take it as a bit of a dig, tbh.

Are you comfortable in what you wear? Or do you feel like a change?

What you describe sounds perfectly fine to me. If I were to cast a glance around other mums on our school run I would say it is a whole mish-mash of looks and styles.

fedupofnamechanging Tue 09-Oct-12 16:19:29

I think a lot of people wear a variation on skinny jeans, long tops and boots. Those things are fashionable at the moment.

I am wearing leggings, jumper dress and ankle boots, so she might have a point. But if you are happy and comfortable, then that's what matters.

dexter73 Tue 09-Oct-12 17:12:03

Definitely sounds like a mum uniform! It is what I wear most days but I have long since given up doing the school run. In fact it is what most people I know wear day to day.

Hopefully Tue 09-Oct-12 17:22:17

Surely that is the kind of thing most people wear everyday? She sounds like a snarky caaaahhh. Are you happy with your clothes?

Lovewearingjeans Tue 09-Oct-12 17:25:19

Perhaps because what you are wearing is practical with young children? I know that's the reason I wear my skinnies, ankle boots etc. sometimes I feel like turning up in a cocktail dress, just for the hell of itwink

pigleychez Tue 09-Oct-12 17:37:29

Surely alot of people wear that (including non-mums) because its fashionable at the mo. Leggings/skinny jeans etc long tops and boots.

Today I am wearing Jumper dress, leggings and knee high boots.

Our school runs sees everything from mums in Power suits on route to work to Jumper and jumpers.

confused

Pugless Wed 10-Oct-12 10:37:10

I love what i wear tbh it is comfy and warm. I must admit though tgat i do look at some mums and wonder if they go to bed as there is no way they can be so nicely turned at that time of the day everyday grin

TiAAAAARGHo Wed 10-Oct-12 10:40:50

There's a uniform? <Makes note to self to only turn up in fancy dress>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now