Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are shirts under v neck jumpers 'in' now?

(21 Posts)
secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 14:00:55

Please forgive my S&B ineptness but..

I've been looking for jumpers lately and noticed a lot of them are modelled with shirts underneath. I used to wear that kind of thing a lot back when I worked in an office and it always suited me due to my body shape (kind of appley - big shoulders and boobs).

It's not something I've ever thought about wearing in a non work way (am currently a SAHM). I just wondered if I could get away with it these day though? Or will people keep asking if I've gone back to work?

secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 14:25:22

Hmm, thinking abuot it I don't think I'veseen anyone dressed like this IRL...

Themumsnot Tue 09-Oct-12 14:34:34

Looks at watch. Dear god, is it 1978 already. I thought we were still busy reviving the 80s. grin
I dunno, second, I have no pretensions to fashionableness, but I have some photos of me wearing that kind of combo in the late 70s.

secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 18:32:22

grin

I really want it to come back!!!

cardoon Tue 09-Oct-12 18:46:51

I've been seeing a lot with round neck jumpers and chambray/denim shirts......I love the look but my present denim shirt's a bit bulky.....

shelley72 Tue 09-Oct-12 18:51:21

Lady came into hairdressers wearing white shirt / navy crew v neck combo today with skinny jeans tucked into long boots. But we're quite rural and not exactly cutting edge..

blossoming Tue 09-Oct-12 18:58:33

I love it done like this. Or do it the SamCam way here

MsOnatopp Tue 09-Oct-12 19:09:06

Does it really matter if you like it? Stop worrying what everyone else thinks.

It's fashionable to wear clothes you enjoy. Half the fashion magazines (ok ok, so I only read one... Elle) have all the trends in but then all the interviews are people saying don't follow trends, I just wear what I like. So I decided last year (age 21) that that is the attitude I will now adopt permanently.

Oo oo, that and 'it goes if I like it' grin

BranchingOut Tue 09-Oct-12 19:12:57

Sorry, but to me that isn't anything related to style or fashion - that is what you would put on when you have run out of school uniform!

I don't have particularly high standards since having children ('Let me find something to cover my nakedness' is my starting point for getting dressed on a casual day) but the looks on those links are very, very basic.

Oh, why not try a teeshirt and cardigan? That might look stylish. grin

MsOnatopp Tue 09-Oct-12 19:15:33

but to answer your question properly... yes I have seen it a fair bit too. Not in person yet but I have only just started seeing pics. I give it a month before it's everywhere. Remember we have only just hit Autumn and a lot of people are still clinging on to whatever summer they can scrape together. grin

secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 19:30:14

"Stop worrying what everyone else thinks"

What is it with style and beauty threads??? You ask how something looks and someone comes on and gives you a passive aggressive dig about your self confidence.

This happened last time I started a thread.

I'm just interested to know whether or not it's fashionable, is that not ok then? Why do people come on S&B to do these prickly "who cares what anyone thinks" posts?

secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 19:35:15

Oops.

I thought that in my head and really didn't mean to type it on here.

I'm sorry MsOnatopp, having a bad day.

MsOnatopp Tue 09-Oct-12 19:42:44

sad It wasn't meant to be passive aggressive. I have suffered for three years with social phobias/anxieties and have just started letting go of my fear of what others think and was trying to encourage you not to care as you clearly like it...

Stupid text. Shows no tone of voice or emotion behind it.

Chandon Tue 09-Oct-12 19:47:43

I had noticed this combo too!

Bit worried it might look bulky though

Morebiscuitsplease Tue 09-Oct-12 20:06:19

Er have just bought a shirt and v neck jumper as saw a combo in a shop and really liked it...thought it would be good for cold days

MeFour Tue 09-Oct-12 20:08:39

A lot round here but it's very middle class rural
May or may not be worn with pearls

They all have tiny thighs, presumably from riding

secondseverncrossing Tue 09-Oct-12 20:34:28

Hmm, may be on to something then...

trixymalixy Tue 09-Oct-12 20:40:45

It's what I'm wearing today and several other girls were wearing shirts under jumpers at the course I was on today.

Eliza22 Wed 10-Oct-12 08:30:37

That's what I'd wear to clean up or go to Sainsburys. Minus the dark glasses and platform heels.

I had no idea I was being "on trend". Thought I was just being "this is clean, it'll do for shopping".

Just wear what you want and what suits/is comfortable.

QuinnFabray Wed 10-Oct-12 09:56:12

Crew neck jumpers and shirts, yes.

noviceoftheday Wed 10-Oct-12 10:58:25

Its my business casual uniform when I am on a course at work. Was very trendy about 3/4 years ago and think its back again this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now