Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on the mulberry del ray

(13 Posts)
ZenNudist Mon 08-Oct-12 23:44:18

Thinking of getting this bag in black forest. Regretted bit getting a burgundy alexa last year. I need this to be a long term purchase with equal work and off duty use. I just got a new job (& pay rise) so was thinking of marking the occasion with this bag!

What do other people think - boring or lovely? And will a reddish bag be a good staple beyond this season?

ZenNudist Mon 08-Oct-12 23:45:21

That's meant to say I regretted NOT getting the alexa in burgundy!!

Itsgottabebags Tue 09-Oct-12 07:44:32

I think its not special enough to jkustify the price. If you are goinf to spend that much money I would look around first and see what other bags are in the price range.

That being said if you love it go for it

DonaAna Tue 09-Oct-12 07:53:05

Not sure but for me it's difficult to shake the doctor's bag associations. Somehow I see that bag full of equipment for breeches delivery - it also looks faintly comical and out of context, like a bread bin (google Wesco bread bin and you'll see what I mean).

I'd definitely spend that kind of money on something else. Alexa in burgundy would be much nicer.

Itsgottabebags Tue 09-Oct-12 08:34:15

Try an outlet for your dream coloured Alexa.

MissPerception Tue 09-Oct-12 09:48:11

I think that if you are spending that amount of money on a bag you should feel sure enough about it not to have to ask others' opinions.

lanternfestival Tue 09-Oct-12 10:24:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lorelilee Tue 09-Oct-12 10:34:39

I think it's beautiful in it's simplicity - I particularly love the petrol blue one.

ScooseIsLoose Tue 09-Oct-12 10:37:20

I got the dark red oversized Alexa last year (the colour was called conker) I wanted something different to black. I say go for it the Black Forest colour is not dissimilar and it will go with everything! Plus if its a limited time colour then you know everyone wont have it. Go for it and enjoy your new bag!

ZenNudist Tue 09-Oct-12 18:57:11

It's the kind of bag that grows on you. I didn't think much of it when it came out. But it seems quite sturdy and looks special in reddish colour.

Forums are full of comments about alexa as its been around for ages. There's less comments about del ray.

mrsrhodgilbert Tue 09-Oct-12 22:19:23

How about the bayswater in black forest? Its a well established classic bag but in a striking colour. The jury is still out on the del ray and its popularity. There is going to be a price increase from november (quite hefty one too) if that spurs you on.

Lorelilee Wed 10-Oct-12 11:00:56

Mrs Rhod when you say 'hefty price increase', is that across the brand or just the Del Ray?

mrsrhodgilbert Wed 10-Oct-12 11:57:53

Hi, it will be across the brand but it's a little uncertain whether seasonal colours such as the Black Forest will be included as they are already sold at a highter price to the standard classic colours. It is looking like the standard colours, for example an Oak Bayswater, could go from £695 to £795 and I presume you could make a similar assumption for other bags, pro rata. That is quite a hike imo and it looks like its due to come in from !st November. You could try an email to Mulberry HQ to ask about the Del Ray, they are very good at responding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now