Talk

Advanced search

Help please - boots and jacket for a teenage daughter

(7 Posts)
nada29 Mon 08-Oct-12 23:39:07

I hope that you, wise ladies, can advise me which boots and a jacket are cool for teenager girls. DD is 13 and her birthday is soon and she needs a pair of warm shoes and a jacket. Would love to surprise her but it needs to be cool and I'm not sure if I can do that myself. Any suggestions welcome.

novelsituation Tue 09-Oct-12 06:41:57

My 15 year old daughter has just bought this with birthday money from both us and assorted relatives. Vv expensive but the nicest jacket she has ever worn. It is beautifully cut, warm and the "hoodie " part is removable:

jacket

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 06:44:03

these are all the rage round here. Not my taste, but dd and her friends seem to love them.

MrsPnut Tue 09-Oct-12 06:50:58

Please don't try to surprise her, as the mother to a 15 year old girl, part of the absolute excitement that a gift like that will bring is the choosing and also if you don't get something to her taste (or her friend's taste) then she will feel miserable.

I'd buy her vouchers or give her the money to buy a coat and boots then take her shopping.

novelsituation Tue 09-Oct-12 06:55:51

I agree with pnut - vouchers or money is your safest bet!

mumto2andnomore Tue 09-Oct-12 06:55:56

I would let her choose too , my 13 year old knows now what she likes and what she doesn't !

nada29 Thu 18-Oct-12 13:49:02

Thank you all! Money is the safest option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now