Talk

Advanced search

My friends hair is thinning is there anything that can help?

(5 Posts)
nobodysfool Mon 08-Oct-12 20:01:57

A very close friend of mine (41 years) is very worried and upset about her thinning hair.Though other people can't really see the difference she is very worried about how thin her hair is becoming over the last few years.
She has regular trims, colours her own hair but always looks healthy and glossy to everybody else.She is even considering extentions to make her hair look thicker.
She has had her blood tested and all cam back fine and no health problems
Any advice ?

nobodysfool Tue 09-Oct-12 15:05:07

shameless bump ....

cleaninglady Tue 09-Oct-12 16:36:40

Hi - I had a similar problem earlier this year (also 41) I have been taking perfectil skin hair and nails vitamins and also Biotin which is good stuff and although I'm not sure which one is working, I'm carrying on with both as my hair is so much better and lots of new growth coming through smile

valiumredhead Tue 09-Oct-12 16:57:12

Sea kelp supplements is what she needs.

HardlyEverHoovers Wed 10-Oct-12 12:14:45

I have some hair thinning and have found using shampoos without sodium laureth sulphates really helps. They body shop sell them as do most health shops. They seem to have stopped the thinning process but also made the hair slightly more 'fluffy' for want of a better word, which makes the thinning less noticeable.
On the cosmetic side of things, you didn't mention her hair colour but going for lighter shades near the roots (if she's white skinned, if not then whatever shades blend with her skin colour) will help it to be less noticeable. My hair is very dark (but I like it so reluctant to change it), and obviously that contrasts with a white scalp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now