Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have one of these Clarisonic face cleaner thingies? Are they any good?

(11 Posts)
FayeKinitt Mon 08-Oct-12 19:57:31

I'm headed to the States next month and having a good drool at things that are cheaper. I noticed these Clarisonic facial cleansers are a fair bit cheaper over there, but are they worth it?

I have combination skin and looking to improve it!

crazybutterflylady Mon 08-Oct-12 20:01:27

If you'd asked this 3 months ago I'd have said yes go for it. But mine stopped working after a few months of not using it, just went completely dead and unable to charge.
I wrote to the company, managed to get a replacement - which was also dead. I've got one now which works but not sure how long for.
On the upside it does make your skin look fabulous. I just though for tha much mine it would be a bit more reliable and less temporary!

MaeMobley Mon 08-Oct-12 20:01:42

Bumping for you. My best friend gave me a Mia for my birthday but I have not got round to using it yet.

FayeKinitt Mon 08-Oct-12 20:05:36

crazybutterflylady Oh dear, that's no good! If I buy mine in the US I won't be able to return it!

MaeMobley What a generous friend! < starts dropping hints for Christmas >

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 13:52:24

Shamelesly bumping...

My skin is pants! Save me!

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 13:53:04

Or my money... If it's crap!

sugariceAndScary Tue 09-Oct-12 13:55:34

If you have sensitive, delicate skin I think they can do more harm than good and are abrasive to say the least. You'd be better off investing in good quality creams over there that may be cheaper. Only my opinion of course. wink

SoldeInvierno Tue 09-Oct-12 14:00:27

I have combination skin which can get spotty sometimes. I started using the Mia in February and I love it. In fact, my skin was suddenly looking so much better that a few friends noticed it, and they've ended up buying it as well.

FayeKinitt Tue 09-Oct-12 19:26:36

No problems with that sugariceAndScary I have the hide of a rhino! If it's not any good are there any creams I should be looking out for?

SoldeInvierno Thank you for commenting, I'm glad it's working for you, do you use it every day? What cleanser do you use?

SoldeInvierno Tue 09-Oct-12 20:53:02

I use it twice per day. In the mornings just with water, while I am in the shower. In the evening, I take my makeup off with an oil cleanser and then I use the Clarisonic with a cheap foam cleanser. Right now, I am using a n.7 one, but I don't think it makes any difference which one I use. It is the mechanical action of the brush that makes a difference.

sugariceAndScary Wed 10-Oct-12 09:18:30

If you fancy splashing out, I love and recommend N Perricone's face creams , in particular his Face Firming Activator and moisturiser although I'm unsure whether they'd be much cheaper there.

Skinceauticals are another brand I've read really very good reviews about.

Have a great trip and happy shopping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now