Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit

(6 Posts)
2blessed2bstressed Mon 08-Oct-12 16:07:49

I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks, and still haven't got an outfit. shock
The 50s themed hen party was on Saturday, and I just loved how I looked in my dress with the big petticoat, and my beehive 'do!
So, my hen do dress was black cotton and I have found the same dress but in purple satin.....could I wear it to the wedding, or would other hens and the bride think I was being daft?
I've put a pic on my profile of me at hen do to give you an idea of how I looked....be kind!

2blessed2bstressed Mon 08-Oct-12 18:06:33

Ok, so the photo is too awful for anyone to pass any kind of comment! Whilst waiting impatiently for anyone to respond to my post the ad for Phase Eight at the side here > caught my eye. There are a couple of prom type dresses there that might be worth a look, so I'm gonna head into town tomorrow and see if they're as nice in real life ( and stretched over my lumps and bumps ).

BunnyLebowski Mon 08-Oct-12 18:15:51

You look fantastic grin

Dress looks beautiful and would look gorge in purple. Buuuuut I don't think I would wear it to the wedding. Too similar.

I'd rather buy a new frock and feel like I had the wow factor iyswim.

Mollydoggerson Mon 08-Oct-12 18:24:57

Go for it, I think you would looki beautiful and I'm sure the hens will see the nice side to the dress and connection and smile.

2blessed2bstressed Mon 08-Oct-12 18:27:11

That's what I was worried about..too similar. But I just felt so fantastic! I've put on a fair bit of weight in the last couple of years and can't remember the last time I had to get dressed up for something and didn't feel frumpy, or uncomfortable, or just that I'd somehow got it wrong, y'know?
And on Saturday night I felt great, and I got loads of compliments, and it was fab!

2blessed2bstressed Wed 10-Oct-12 09:58:21

I couldn't do the linky thing, but I did manage to put a pic of the dress I got for the wedding on my profile. It seems to have replaced the one of me....not sure how that happened, but perhaps it's for the best! Anyway, if you're in the least bit interested, then dress is on my profile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now