Talk

Advanced search

Hair and makeup for my 40th birthday party

(4 Posts)
Howmanytimes Mon 08-Oct-12 11:24:08

Help! I want to look polished and glamorous for my 40th birthday party at the end of October. I have a lovely knee length lace dress which I am very happy with to wear on the night.

I always fancied having my hair and makeup done professionally when I was planning it all and booking the venue but now it's almost here and I don't quite know how to arrange it all confused

My usual hairdresser does my hair in her home and isn't available on the day. I have had my makeup done on a Bobbi Brown counter before and I was happy with the results. I see that they do an evening beauty lesson maybe I could go along for that? hmm

Has anyone had experience of getting hair and makeup done that's not for a wedding?

Lovewearingjeans Mon 08-Oct-12 11:48:41

I would go to a makeup counter, my friend did this recently and looked great.

Northumberlandlass Mon 08-Oct-12 12:43:57

You can go to a hairdressers (get recommendation from a friend maybe?) and ask for a 'put up' . It costs me £15 to get it done.

YY to the make up counter. I've had my make up done at MAC before, it cost £25 but it was redeemable against products.

Howmanytimes Mon 08-Oct-12 14:18:35

Thanks for your replies. I'll get myself down to the Bobbi Brown counter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now