Talk

Advanced search

Good cover?

(8 Posts)
Clawdy Mon 08-Oct-12 10:38:27

Anyone recommend a foundation that covers really well and lasts,without looking pancakey? Read the new Max F called Facefinity is supposed to be good? Got really annoying tiny thread veins on one side of face,and would like to conceal 'em.

Bubblemoon Mon 08-Oct-12 11:03:12

I always use Clinique foundations - they give good cover and are great on dry skin.

Clawdy Mon 08-Oct-12 15:54:44

Thanks, Bubblemoon

LornaEds Mon 08-Oct-12 18:29:22

I'd totally recommend Bare Minerals. It is a powder that you apply with a brush. Not cheap but literally the only makeup that has ever managed to cover my rosacea without looking like I've put it on with a trowel.

It seems like a bit of a faff to start with but after a few goes it literally takes a few mins. You can get a starter set with all you need, including brushes, for about £50. There is a separate concelear (called bisque) which doesn't come in the starter pack any more but I find I get the same coverage just using the actual foundation with the concealer brush.

roughtyping Mon 08-Oct-12 18:32:52

Illamasqua foundations are amazing. Our local Debenhams has a counter. They have LOADS of shades so think you'd need to go and test! NB I haven't used it yet as I'm too cheap to buy it blush but a friend uses it and I remember being shocked the first time I saw her with no make up!

MissBoPeep Mon 08-Oct-12 18:48:27

If you have medium skin tone then Clinique Repair Wear foundation is excellent coverage but they have stopped doing the two paler shades. It lasts for ages, you only need a tiny amount otherwise it looks cakey but it;s a lovely foundation.

Clawdy Tue 09-Oct-12 17:09:30

Thanks,will check 'em out!

noddyholder Tue 09-Oct-12 17:12:03

Boots Time delay BB cream is so good I have been using just that over moisturiser no foundation and it is amazing lots of compliments and my skin feels really soft at the end of the day. Very impressed with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now