Talk

Advanced search

Rotten Teeth

(6 Posts)
biryani Mon 08-Oct-12 08:08:58

Many of my back teeth are rotten and all I have in many areas is stumps. They don't cause me any pain and the rest are good. I don't want unnecessary and expensive work done, but I wonder if I could improve things without too much hassle or expense. Any ideas?

Itsgottabebags Mon 08-Oct-12 08:29:06

OP are you with an NHS dentist? If so wouldn't a dentist sort them all out for the same price?

Northumberlandlass Mon 08-Oct-12 08:31:39

Hey, what has your dentist recommended?
If the price is high, you could consider going to a dental hospital attached to a University. I know plenty of people who have had their teeth fixed by dental students.

I couldn't live with rotten teeth even if they weren't painful.

Eliza22 Mon 08-Oct-12 09:30:20

You need to visit a dental hospital and get them sorted. When you lose the lot, your face will collapse. This is not a cosmetic operation..... This is a necessity, if you don't want to end up with dentures and if one of your rotting teeth becomes infected and causes a bone infection, that's what you'll have to look forward to.

Please try to sort this out.

missmartha Mon 08-Oct-12 10:07:29

You will need to be referred by a dentist if you have work done at a dental hospital.

They won't touch you unless you are an emergency otherwise.

Pleases see a dentist, you will end up with very painful infections, plus probably stinky breath.

biryani Thu 11-Oct-12 19:53:37

Thanks all. Not with a Nhs dentist at the moment. My dentist claims he can repair some of the teeth using some new-fangled technique which is expensive and not guaranteed to succeed, but I think I'd prefer to have the worst ones whipped out. Thanks for the,tip on the university dentist-think I'll try that route first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now