Talk

Advanced search

lovely comfy slippers

(33 Posts)
helloitsme Mon 08-Oct-12 00:00:45

I want some! sorry, may not be that stylish, but I'm sure still something close to many a stylish heart. And also something bought in clothes shops, so thought S&B ers might be the right people to advise....
So, I want lovely, warm, preferably covers the whole foot, and ideally not unnecessarily expensive!
Recommendations greatly appreciated.....

dexter73 Mon 08-Oct-12 07:03:02

I recently got a pair from Moshulu after they were recommended to me - best slippers ever! They are soft and warm and also have a proper sole so I can wear them if I need to nip outside.

dogrilla Mon 08-Oct-12 08:17:29

Look up Emu Jolie Slippers on Amazon. They are sheepskin and super comfortable, with proper sole if you need to pop outside. I bloody love mine. They are quite expensive but last for ages.

georgie22 Mon 08-Oct-12 09:39:22

I've got some super stylish Totes Isotoner slippers - bought them in the sale at Debenhams. They are really comfortable, warm, got a proper sole on them and machine washable.

Lovewearingjeans Mon 08-Oct-12 09:50:45

My sister is a super stylish make up artist and lives in Manchester and required black slippers which I got from John Lewis.

busyboysmum Mon 08-Oct-12 09:51:11

I have just ordered these after about a week of browsing. I wanted real sheepskin as I love my Uggs and fake fur ones make my feet sweat. I am a size 8 and these in L seem to fit the bill even though they are blokes. They haven't arrived yet though so can't report on fit yet.

Dancergirl Mon 08-Oct-12 10:03:48

Try White Company, their slippers are amazing!

crispycake Mon 08-Oct-12 10:31:22

I've got ugg slippers which are very comfy and warm!

mamaonion Mon 08-Oct-12 10:54:18

I just got these www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/footwear/womens-footwear/slippers-1878/sheepskin-scuffs/ a few weeks ago. And I love them! I find they're not as frumpy as lots of others, and having bought lots of cheap synthetic pairs that fall apart, so this year i wanted something that would last and be really cosy on our wooden floors

Bubblemoon Mon 08-Oct-12 11:01:43

I just bought some sheepskin slippers that look like the ones mamaonion has posted above. Mine are from Sainsbury's and cost £8.

sillymillyb Mon 08-Oct-12 11:24:14

Ruby and Ed Slippers are gorgeous....

Abzs Mon 08-Oct-12 11:26:51

I have North Face Tent Mules - can't beat a down slipper for all day winter cosiness.

I also have a comfy pink pair with a knitted outer, fluffy inner and a putting-the-bin-out-proof sole, from <whispers> Per Una.

helloitsme Tue 09-Oct-12 09:41:18

thanks for all the great suggestions.....i have never really had slippers before, but this year is making me realise the error of my bare foot ways. can't decide on whether to go for slip on ones or boot type ones that would cover my whole foot......thanks anyway, I will soon be warmer of foot!

dexter73 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:08:17

I always get slip on ones so I can put them on/off easily.

October1st Tue 09-Oct-12 12:47:24

I agree about Moshulu. I have been wearing mine forever and I am always in the garden with them

CointreauVersial Tue 09-Oct-12 13:28:17

God, Abzs, those Tent Mules look like Buzz Lightyear's feet. grin

WhyTheBigGoldPaws Tue 09-Oct-12 13:32:41

I'm currently wearing Bearpaw sheepskin boots from TKMaxx as slippers and they are keeping my feet toasty warm. I bought them a few years ago for about £35 but didn't really wear them much outside - if you want the warmth of real sheepskin (and as someone who works from home in a freezing cold house I am an expert!) it might be a cheaper way than buying actual sheepskin slippers which can be £££.

helloitsme Tue 09-Oct-12 23:01:03

oh my goodness, this thread has way exceeded my expectations! has even crossed my mind to buy more than one pair. Yikes! But realise there is absolutely no way to hide having bought more than one pair from DH once they actually arrive, and are to be seen on my feet. so flicking between websites of mouthwatering (uh, not the right term is it?) slippers. thinking of going for one from moshulu with a sole on it, but think they are more of a walking about the house than a curling up on the sofa slipper, hence the genius idea of buying two.
who'd have thought there was so much to say about slippers eh?

moogdroog Tue 09-Oct-12 23:14:57

I second the Celtic Sheepskin ones. I wore mine to death, thought I'd have to bin them on environmental health grounds, bunged them in the washing machine and they came out good as new! Really warm with a sturdy sole.

Freshbloodletticia Tue 09-Oct-12 23:27:03

Yes but for £8 they will be fake sheepskin*Bubblemoon*. Not the same at all, sweaty and smelly.

Another vote for Moshulu Bo. I've had these for about three years, although if I'd known about Celtic Sheepskin at the time they might have edged it. When my Moshulus got a bit flat inside I bought sheepskin insoles for them and now they are as toasty as ever again.

CeeceeBloomingdale Wed 10-Oct-12 09:35:24

I have Emu Jolies, bought recently for under £20 on Amazon. They are fab and my mum agrees (I bought her a pair too). H has White Co slippers I bought him last Christmas and they looked wrecked after about a month.

snowgal Wed 10-Oct-12 13:15:10

danish glerups slippers I have a pair of these in purple which I love, felted wool so they're super cosy, and a good enough sole that I can nip outside if need be. We live in a super cold house in the Highlands and my feet were toasty warm all last winter.

minipie Wed 10-Oct-12 16:57:49

I love my white company cosy slippers but I have to admit they are a bit sweatier than real sheepskin would be.

However I can't seem to find any sheepskin slippers that are this style. Basically I want a sheepskin lined ballet loose pump style. Not boots (too hot) or mules (slip off). Any ideas v welcome.

minipie Wed 10-Oct-12 17:01:28

just found these but they are £75 shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now