Talk

Advanced search

Help please ladies- total style novice needs wardrobe overhaul!

(7 Posts)
SchmancyPants Sun 07-Oct-12 20:31:34

Hi all. I have been making an effort since the end of July to cut out the crap from my diet and have lost a stone smile Am 5'1" with small breasts, apple shape, legs and bum quite good. Currently am size 12 but aiming to get back down to size 10 in about a month's time and when I do, I have a shopping trip planned grin

My problem is that when I was a big size 14 I just bought any old crap to wear because I hated trying stuff on and thought my massive tummy made me look pregnant sad I would love to be stylish and wonder if you can help me with a cheap capsule wardrobe/key pieces which won't date too quickly. I would like to spend less than £250 if possible (hopeful face)

Thank you so much in advance!

Congratulations!

If I were you, I'd start with a pair of indigo skinnies and a pair of black (totally rec the M&S jeggings at just over twenty pounds a pair) and a coat/jacket of some sort.

SchmancyPants Sun 07-Oct-12 20:56:36

Thank you smile I already have some indigo skinnies from Next but I'm not sure I like them so will have a look at the M and S ones. Any other ideas?

SchmancyPants Sun 07-Oct-12 21:20:35

Bump please smile

poppy283 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:29:51

Hello, I'd second remus' 2 pairs if jeans suggestion, plus perhaps some coloured ones? I got some forest green skinny jeans in New look for 16.99 last week.

Get a few jersey tops from New look/h&m/zara, personally i'm a sucker for a stripe but go with what suits you and get it in a few variations.

Also perhaps a lovely day dress or 3 and a chunky long cardigan.

Well done!

mckenzie Sun 07-Oct-12 21:33:28

I'd go and have a session with the John Lewis personal shopper people. They will pick out clothes that will suit your style and shape and needs. You don't have to buy them all. I bought some of what they recommended but not all by any means. But i did listen carefully to what they told me about styles that suited me, brands that fitted my shape, areas to drawn attention to and areas to draw attention away from. I can now shop quite well by myself smile

SchmancyPants Sun 07-Oct-12 21:47:50

Thank you. I am looking forward to buying some size 10 jeans so I am excited by the idea that I can buy LOTS of pairs in differengt colours grin I love stripy tops as well, so will buy some of thise, and I have some chunky cardigans.

Shoes are my worry though- never having owned any skinnies before, I'm not sure what I would put with them and I am really bad at buying shoes anyway. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now