Talk

Advanced search

Blazer SOS!

(13 Posts)
fishtankbrain Sun 07-Oct-12 20:01:01

This is my first ever thread in S&B, but I have, after many years of not really giving a toss, been inspired by reading S&B to put more effort into how I dress and I now, for the first time in years, have a lovely new Autumn wardrobe.

What I am missing however is a blazer. Two purposes. First to look good with skinnies/ankle boots, but also to be suitable for my work where I have to look quite formal - wearing blazer over dress or with boring trousers. Does such an all purpose item even exist?!

I am size 10, skinnier at top than bottom with no cleavage to speak of thanks to breastfeeding DS1 and 2. I need it to be longish - at least below waist, as I just don't suit short jackets. Budget not particularly an issue for the right thing. Probably black/navy/grey in colour, but could go with a timeless pattern (herringbone maybe?). Help!

Please, stylish MNetters....

snowmummy Sun 07-Oct-12 20:18:03

Go have a look in H and M, they have loads

MacAndCheese Sun 07-Oct-12 20:23:14

Miss Selfridge have a grey herringbone type one in their sale I think.

Zara?

MacAndCheese Sun 07-Oct-12 20:24:12

Topshop have their "Ponte" type blazers, in a variety of colours as well.

crazybutterflylady Sun 07-Oct-12 20:31:44

This from Gap is gorgeous and in the sale! I have the navy one and its really comfortable and versatile. I'd size down if you can, depending on availability.

trixymalixy Sun 07-Oct-12 20:55:26

Zara always have lovely blazers, as do Mango and H&M.

fishtankbrain Sun 07-Oct-12 21:10:29

Thanks all!

As a fashion novice I just really struggle to know where to start. Mac I really like the Topshop ones, particularly the premium tweed. crazybutterfly I like the Gap one, but think it may be a bit short for me.

I think I'm on the right lines now. MN is a wonderful thing...

Silibilimili Sun 07-Oct-12 21:20:23

Have just ordered the gap one. Thanks guys.

Xxx

crazybutterflylady Sun 07-Oct-12 21:34:06

fishtank remember the models are at least 5'8, usually a lot taller. The gap one sits bum length on me and I'm 5'6. It's such a bargain, I'm really tempted to get the grey one as well, despite being up the duff!

fishtankbrain Sun 07-Oct-12 21:58:14

crazybutterfly - I'm 5'7, so it might be ok. I can always send it back, right?! You sell it well!

crazybutterflylady Sun 07-Oct-12 22:00:41

Haha, I am a huge gap fan generally but I do love this blazer. You can return to shops for free too. Hope you like it!

fishtankbrain Sun 07-Oct-12 22:07:42

Ordered. You should be getting commission - that's two sales tonight off this thread.

HappyGirlNow Sun 07-Oct-12 22:09:57

I have a few of the Tophop ponte blazers - I do love them with jeans but not formal enough for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now