Talk

Advanced search

Handbag help please!

(15 Posts)

Please oh please!

Would like to buy DM a new bag for her christmas present

*She's in her 50's
*She does love her Radley bags! But can't see anything lovely or big enough on the site!
*It absolutely HAS to be cross body (back problems means shoulder bags just don't work)
*It has to be a reasonable size for the sheer amounts of crap she carries
*Has to have a decent strap in order to accommodate the weight of the crap grin
*She's currently using a knock off ( albeit a very good knock off ) Mulberry Anthony (I'd LOVE to buy her the real thing but just dont have the money)
*Zip across the top

Budget is up to £160

I appriciate this is a shockingly fussy list grin

Thank you!!

Charliefox Sun 07-Oct-12 18:03:56

No good? www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Radley+Belsize+medium+xbody/169449911,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Bags+%26+Luggage-_-Handbags-_-Belsize+medium+xbody&tmcampid=7&tmad=c&tmplaceref=Radley&tmclickref=Radley+Belsize+medium+xbody&istCompanyId=17910aed-1bae-4362-9580-b523eb87a91e&istItemId=mrttwxlt&istBid=t

Charliefox Sun 07-Oct-12 18:06:48

Or this www.modalu.com/shop/tyler.html

Itsgottabebags Sun 07-Oct-12 18:06:55

Ring a Radley outlet and ask them about styles.

Fossil bags?
TK Maxx?

Charliefox Sun 07-Oct-12 18:10:22

Or this www.fossil.co.uk/en_GB/shop/women/handbag_silhouettes/crossbody/zb5255_explorer_crossbody-zb5255p.html?parent_category_rn=331138&departmentCategoryId=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=1000&pn=c&cm_vc=331141&imagePath=ZB5255932

Charliefox Sun 07-Oct-12 18:14:37

Or indeed this www.houseoffraser.co.uk/DKNY+Vintage+crossbody/171075566,default,pd.html

Wow, thank you!!

She won't like the DKNY one sadly because I love it!

That's a good idea It's ! I'll ring the Bicester village one tomorrow

I don't think any of those are quite right Charlie (Fossil one is a bit to...busy I think is the word!) but thank you so much! I really appriciate you looking!

I've looked at so many theyve all merged into one grin

AmberNectarine Sun 07-Oct-12 21:06:18

I got a Mulberry Antony in the outlet for £195... It is grey and v lovely. My mum got khaki. I know it's still over budget though...

DontmindifIdo Sun 07-Oct-12 21:13:16

Peony & Moore sale

Thanks Amber tbh for the sake of £35, if I can get a real one then I will..May trek up to Bicester village at some point this month to check it out...do you think if I ring them they'll tell me if they have any? and do you think they'll have any in the camel/tan brown if they do? (Heard somewher only the not so popular colours end up at the outlet?!)

Thanks Dont , forgot about them!

AmberNectarine Sun 07-Oct-12 21:50:01

They definitely will tell you on the phone, they will even do mail order. I got mine at the Shepton Mallet outlet, my mum got hers at Bicester. They only had grey and khaki/olive when I went, but who knows? Give 'em a ring...

Itsgottabebags Mon 08-Oct-12 08:43:08

And they will send it in the post for an extra ten pound!

Ooh excellent!! Will call them this morning! Thank you!!!

sad just rang them and they do have it but its £245...sadly to much over budget

Back to the drawing board!

Bumping for anymore ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now