Talk

Advanced search

Decent Tights for Girls

(16 Posts)
babysbreath Sun 07-Oct-12 16:38:15

I need recommendations on decent tights for six year olds.

I am sick of buying tights that don't last.

One set of tights had to go back as when my dd put them on they did not cling to her leg, as they were the same width all the way down and did not go in at the ankle (iykwim).

Another pair have only lasted a day - hole in the gusset.

One pair have gone bobbly after a few wears.

These are all from M & S.

Help me please.

Dollydowser Sun 07-Oct-12 17:03:21

I used to buy them for my daughter from Gap when she was a toddler, then H&M. For school now I get hers from M&S, one packet tends to last her a year so no problems with quality here, although yes probably bobbly. I think I have seen Falke girls tights on Amazon?

Inneedofbrandy Sun 07-Oct-12 17:04:38

Sometimes I stretch out the whole in the gusset tights by making dd wear cycling shorts over them.

noisytoys Sun 07-Oct-12 17:06:05

Next sell good quality children's tights. Cheap tights are a false economy

blueberryboybait Sun 07-Oct-12 17:07:45

H&M every time. DD1 has managed the whole term so far, no holes, no bobbles. I am so impressed.

jammietart Sun 07-Oct-12 17:17:59

Petit Bateau. £££ but really last. Or Little White Company. Still ££ but again will last the season.

accessorizequeen Sun 07-Oct-12 18:16:08

The H&M ones are vv good, but Next are cheaper and nearly as good. H&M massive tho, I have to buy 18-24 months for 4yo DD! Checked M&S ones yesterday and they felt thin and horrible, wasn't tempted. Have got some gap ones but don't know how they will last, it's hit and miss with gap sometimes!

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 07-Oct-12 18:17:42

Definitely H&M. Also Verbaudet are nice but pricey.

BieneMaja Sun 07-Oct-12 18:53:39

my vote is for Next. My tall slim 6 y.o wears 7-8 and they fit really well. They have feet too. She hates the ones which are essentially just tubes - they look ridiculous on her skinny ankles and feet.

H&M are also good, depends if you are looking for school colours or bright colours though - they don't do many plain ones...

babysbreath Sun 07-Oct-12 19:28:51

Wow, thank you for all replies.

I will go and look at the H&M and Next tights.

It is the bright 'weekend' tights that I struggle with, as the school ones seem ok.

TuttoRhino Sun 07-Oct-12 20:02:06

I like H&M and also recommend Melton tights.

LegArmpits Sun 07-Oct-12 20:11:47

Yes, M&S are shit. Next are good, they last forever. Surprisingly George seem ok too.

Turquoiseblue Mon 08-Oct-12 07:17:09

Another vote for next and h and m - though h and m ones are HUGE.... But I my experience last even better than the next ones

horsebiscuit Mon 08-Oct-12 07:21:32

We also have problems with M &S quality. The elastic in the waistband lasted only a couple of washes. sad
I go to Boden TBH.

Millie1 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:38:04

I'm trying John Lewis for school tights this year - no problems in first week. Out of school, they have a mix of JL and Boden.

UsingAPsuedonym Mon 08-Oct-12 10:40:36

Boots have been fab for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now