Talk

Advanced search

Going on hol to Florence - what to pack?

(6 Posts)
SilverPhone Sun 07-Oct-12 15:04:35

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like there atm please? Am going for two nights without the kids - hurrah - but no idea what to pack. Comfy shoes obvs but is it too warm for jeans or are jeans and tshirt type stuff okay? Going two weeks tomorrow.

Lovewearingjeans Sun 07-Oct-12 18:02:55

Think it won't be that much warmer than here. There is a holiday weather website that will tell you average temps for the time of year. I went to Florence years ago and it was lovely. At this time of year there shouldn't be a problem with wearing modest dress in the Duomo.

Ungratefulchild Sun 07-Oct-12 18:05:24

I'm just back from Naples and the temp was about 28/30 degrees during the day. Florence will be a little cooler as it's further north.

DonaAna Sun 07-Oct-12 18:11:32

Plan for 20-26C during day and occasional rain. Italians have switched over to fall clothing (long sleeves, cardigans, jackets, no more bare legs) but you might find the weather quite warm. Am in Rome.

PippiL Sun 07-Oct-12 18:52:34

Would agree with the above. Take jackets and cardigans especially for the evening.

I got back from near Naples a couple of weeks ago and the weather was turning then...but still nice enough to wear a bikini during the day!

Hope the weather is nice, have fun.

SilverPhone Sun 07-Oct-12 21:16:05

Thank you all - v helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now