Talk

Advanced search

Pale freckly types, which pinky/reddy lipstick do you wear?

(14 Posts)
HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 14:43:13

I've always gone for lip glosses as I've struggled to find a lipstick shade to suit me. Going for a few 1940s style outfits recently and really need a strongly coloured lippy to go with the look. I have mousey/blondey hair and I'm quite pale. Trouble is they usually make me look ill!

Any pale/freckly types found a good one?

frillyflower Sun 07-Oct-12 15:00:52

I am pale (well with pink cheeks) and freckly with blonde hair. I always end up with a darkish red berry shade like Chanel Rouge Allure 'Sexy' (my current favourite).

lisaro Sun 07-Oct-12 15:03:28

Never ever pink. Urgh. Usually brick (orange ad opposed to blue based) reds.

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 15:04:58

Thanks will check that out frilly. I had a Chanel true red one once which made me look like coco the clown, but a berry red might be a better tone.

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 15:16:03

Just looked it up frilly, looks lovely.

Never pink Lisaro? Sounds strict! I suit some pink clothes, but usually the pale tones.

lisaro Sun 07-Oct-12 15:24:34

I'm auburn. Never ever found a pink that suited, not even a dusky shade. Apart from that I just am not keen in the colour! smile

frillyflower Sun 07-Oct-12 15:27:09

Blue based reds make your teeth look v white too. Win win!

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 15:55:14

Frilly they might make mine slightly White!

Fair enough Lisaro. I am drawn to getting red for the drama angle.

Thanks for the help folks grin

lisaro Sun 07-Oct-12 16:26:45

Do give an update If you do.

fedupofnamechanging Sun 07-Oct-12 16:28:37

I am pale and freckly, with dark brown hair. I bought the Revlon Just Bitten, in Crush (005). It looks beautiful. It's a lovely plummy shade, that glides on.

I cannot 'do' red lipstick - much as I try it just looks wrong. Even the Kate Moss Rimmel one that S&B said suited everyone. Not me, it doesn't!

NotMostPeople Sun 07-Oct-12 16:30:38

I'm Auburn hair, pale skin and I just can't do pink. Mac lipstick in Twig is my boldest lippy.

Aquelven Sun 07-Oct-12 16:58:04

Myface cosmetics, Boots, Strawberry is the only red I've been able to wear that doesn't make me look like a corpse. Fabulous colour.

HotBurrito1 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:16:39

Ooh! More suggestions. Thanks all, will check them all out and update in due course. Thanks again.

Hetaera Sun 07-Oct-12 21:44:57

If you really fancy going for it with a red, try Ruby Woo by Mac. It is bright, but it is a lovely blue based red that seems to suit my pale, freckly mousy-ness. It is matte, so gives a good retro look too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now