Talk

Advanced search

Skinny jeans and ankle boots - tuck in or not??

(27 Posts)
runnervt Sun 07-Oct-12 14:20:59

This is my first s& b thread so go easy on me!!

I've been looking for warm waterproof flat casual shoes to wear with skinny jeans. I've just had waterproof outdoor trainers before which were fine with bootcut jeans but now I'm mostly wearing skinnies I need something else.

Anyway, I bought these thinking my jeans would tuck in nicely but they don't.

Please vote on the following options:
a) tuck in with some baggieness around the ankle
b) roll up but risk a cold gap and sight of blue skin!
c) pull down over top of boots - does fit but quite tight on the boot
d) just leave them scrunched up above boot as the easy, just pull boot on option

Thank you smile

GoldShip Sun 07-Oct-12 14:24:14

I'd tuck them in tight like, or D the 'I've just shoved these boots on and still look fab' look.

Defo not over or baggy!

fancynancypants Sun 07-Oct-12 14:37:24

I'd tuck in with some baggyness and maybe leave the boot zip undone a little if it works with that sort of boot.

runnervt Sun 07-Oct-12 14:48:55

Thanks for the replies. I can't seen to get them tucked in tight- even if I tuck then into my socks first! They are still a bit baggy round my leg at the top of the boot.

LazyDoll Sun 07-Oct-12 19:40:28

A friend of mine (non Mum/very trendy/effortlessly styleyenvy) wears this style of boot with a chunky patterned sock just peeking about an inch out of the top of the boot - looks fab - and warm!

LazyDoll Sun 07-Oct-12 19:41:49

and turn your jeans up first - better for tuckibility x

ladyintheradiator Sun 07-Oct-12 19:47:47

I'd go with D and let the boots and the jeans do what they will.

Those boots look fab btw, exactly what I'm after, how's the sizing/are they comfy?

bigpants103 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:52:29

I am totally struggling with this. My waist is wide. My ankles are skinny. a pair of 14 jeans fits my waist but are baggy on the anle. I would need a size 6 jeans for them to be tight on my ankle. I have some ankle boots and have spent the last few weeks messing around with option a,b,c and d and have nor come to a decision. Ankle boots still remain unworn. Will now try the sock showing option. Any more suggestions?

bigpants103 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:53:39

Sorry for dreadful spelling. It's dark and I am too tired to walk to the light. Can't really see the keyboard!!

bishboschone Sun 07-Oct-12 19:58:45

Those boots aren't right for the skinny jeans tucked in look. They ate more like jodhpurs boots . Are you adamant you want these boots?

bishboschone Sun 07-Oct-12 19:59:58

Take them back and buy the norley cedar . I say this in the kindness way smile

member Sun 07-Oct-12 20:00:26

D or do the sock thing OR leg warmers. I bought a pair of oatmeal cable knit ones from Matalan last week & am now waiting for my boots to be delivered!

runnervt Sun 07-Oct-12 20:19:51

Thanks for the comments.

I've only tried the boots on in the house but they do seem comfy and true to size
ladyintheradiator .
I'm not certain about them and want to figure out if they go with my jeans before I decide if I'm going to keep them.
bishboschone I did see the Norley Cedar boots but I've already got long boots so wanted a shoe alternative.

LazyDoll will try the chunky sock look and see how it goes although I'm fairly lazy when it comes to styling and can't see me being bothered to wear a particular kind of socks!

bucksfizzed Sun 07-Oct-12 20:49:27

i bought the norley cedar short boots and they also looked ridculous with skinny jeans, they just didn't sit right. Might be my short legs, but i really looked like some sort of clown. Didn't help that all these clarks boots seem to turn up slightly in the toe !

i'm going to go for some ankle boots that taper in at the top with a bit of a heel, think they might be more flattering, and hopefully not to mumsy-work-boot that i would have worn 10 years ago !

Caerlaverock Sun 07-Oct-12 20:51:34

Option d

nilbyname Sun 07-Oct-12 20:57:02

D!

Great boots, would look very nice with a soft baby cord skinny as an alternative to jeans..

dairymoo Sun 07-Oct-12 20:59:10

I would go for option B, but with some chunky socks keeping blue flesh out of sight!

omletta Sun 07-Oct-12 21:26:21

Apparently all Clarks shoes turn up at the toe, apparently something to do with it forcing you to put he weight on the right part of your foot....

runnervt Sun 07-Oct-12 21:26:31

Well so far the most popular options seem to be chunky socks or just pull them on. I'll experiment tomorrow and will spend more time parading in front of the mirror contemplating....

omletta Sun 07-Oct-12 21:27:18

I vote D, or the chunk sock option, bed socks work well.

dexter73 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:29:14

Don't contemplate too much or you will just end up going mad! Things always look odd if you look at them too much (like my knees!). Just stick the boots on ad forget about them (D).

Chandon Sun 07-Oct-12 22:05:22

I saw a girl who looked effolessly good, with skinny jeans in ankle boots, she had teh jeans tucked into some mega woolly socks, or maybe even leg warmers, and that just made it look great, oddly adn weirdly as it sounds.

I think chuncky socks are the missing link.

TooMuchRain Mon 08-Oct-12 08:32:40

I also vote for chunky socks - also avoids the strange gap between boot and leg if you have ultra-skinnes on

BonnyDay Mon 08-Oct-12 08:33:30

they arent the right boots for skinny jeans in - they are verging on bootcut boots

BonnyDay Mon 08-Oct-12 08:34:39

yikes dont buy norley cedar are gopping.

take them back and get the Melanie jane skinny jeans flopped into them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now