Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! Massive reaction to hair remover, have to speak in public tonight!!!

(16 Posts)
MaggotMummy Sun 07-Oct-12 12:26:49

I know, I know, the wrong day to do it but I wanted to get rid of my old lady beard!
I did a test patch and that was fine but now I have a bloody great big red, raised horrible beard shaped patch on my face and 6pm tonight I have to speak in front of about 1000 (really, there will be that many) people and have photographs taken.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck! What can I do to get rid of this in time?!?!?!?
Currently sporting a thick layer of aloe and a cold flannel but that will not do for later!
Feel free to laugh, I shall, one day, I hope

cocolepew Sun 07-Oct-12 12:30:15

Smother it sudocream if you have any.

MaggotMummy Sun 07-Oct-12 12:31:06

Yes, loads
Thank you x

ElectricMonk Sun 07-Oct-12 12:56:20

Sudocrem for now, and rush over to an Estee Lauder counter before they close to get matched up for Double Wear foundation (amazing coverage of anything). Then pop into Boots and buy a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or the Stippling Brush to apply it with for full and even coverage. Also get powder and blusher (plus appropriate brushes) if you don't have them, as you'll look very flat without if you wear Double Wear.

keep it cool and moist for now then when it comes to getting ready:

Some sort of green primer to cancel out the redness - like this

then a good foundation applied well with a brush, concealer if necessary, and probably powder too.

Actually there is a youtube video about covering acne which will probably be many of the same principles. here

Milkybrew Sun 07-Oct-12 13:01:01

Have you taken an antihistamine? May help bring down swelling and redness?

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Oct-12 13:03:03

You could watch those videos on you tube of that model with the acne who does the amazing make up job on herself.

yes, el doublewear would be the ideal foundation.

HazleNutt Sun 07-Oct-12 13:04:35

yes take antihistamine, that should help.

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Sun 07-Oct-12 13:05:01

piriton

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Oct-12 13:05:58

You could watch the Cassandra Bankson/diamonds and heels videos on YouTube. She is the master of the make-up cover up.

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Oct-12 13:07:35

X posted with myself!grin spooky.

MaggotMummy Sun 07-Oct-12 13:20:35

Sadly I am a tinted moisturiser type of person so don't have any cover up type make up.. Dh is out with dd so have no means of getting to shops either.
Sudocrem is working I think, it certainly doesn't burn so much now.
Had some piriton too so covering all bases...
How dumb am I?!

Can you send DH to boots with a VERY specific list? If you have a large one nearby a lot of the counters will do free samples - I'm sure if he goes to somewhere like Estee Lauder counter and explains they would give him samples of a few different shades?

HauntedLittleLunatic Sun 07-Oct-12 13:40:03

Go to a counter and ask for a free makeover? Let them sort out the coverage without having to buy LOTS of products you aren't going to use again...although I would probably have to buy something to avoid being cheeky IYSWIM

MaggotMummy Mon 08-Oct-12 06:46:28

You are all very lovely, teenage neighbours were the answer (once she stopped laughing that JS... One day the lady beard will get her hmm )

Managed to get it pretty much covered and had my hair down and more forward than usual.
Photographs were nicely from a distance so with any luck I got away with it though one woman who does know me well (or a mumsnetter..?) did ask what had happened to my face!

Now to do it all again for dd's school assembly where it is her turn to read.. She looks lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now