Talk

Advanced search

I'm ridonculously tall - do I buy the Merrell Ellenwood or Didrikson Naomi?

(8 Posts)
peggyblackett Sat 06-Oct-12 19:42:34

I'm 5'11 and a size 14. Which do I go for? I tried on a Didrikson Lindsey today which was lovely (and fitted), but not formal enough for work.

Which will cover my large bum properly?

sausagesandwich34 Sat 06-Oct-12 19:46:41

ridonculously tall my backside!

you have to be a six footer to claim that grin

but I like Merrell if I had the cash

peggyblackett Sat 06-Oct-12 19:56:53

It is ridonculous when trying to get a decent length coat grin

Will Merrell be long enough? I'm loathe to place an order and then have to fork out for return <tight>

mum2mummarkets Sat 06-Oct-12 20:07:25

I am 5 10 size 14 and have ridiculously long gibbon arms. I have the merrell waterproof one- not the duffle style and not sure what it 's called. It' s a great length and the first coat I have had in my life with long enough sleeves.

sausagesandwich34 Sat 06-Oct-12 20:08:31

I have no idea, my coat is a LTS one and is about 8 years old!

MeFour Sat 06-Oct-12 20:11:33

Coats seem to be the hardest thing to find as a taller person. Yes 5 11 isn't ridiculously tall but shops manage to make you feel it.
I'm not a gibbon but I do struggle with sleeve lengths.
There was a thread the other day where people were saying they have huge amounts of coats each. I have one not very nice blank wool coat and a men's waterproof. I would love something nice (like Kate humble wears for sensible stuff)

Sariska Sat 06-Oct-12 20:36:31

I'm 5'10" and I have the Merrell Wakefield (what's now called the Ellenwood, I think) and it's long enough for me to sit on a bench in the rain (should I wish to do so!) and not get a wet arse. Also, the arms are long enough - and I do have long arms.

I am now wishing I could afford the insulated version for the winter.....

peggyblackett Sun 07-Oct-12 10:00:06

I've gone for the Ellenwood in black. I think its slightly smarter looking so I can wear it to the office when its chucking it down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now