Talk

Advanced search

what do you think of this simple haircut and outfit?

(13 Posts)
miche8 Sat 06-Oct-12 13:03:20

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WA391/Womens-Lace-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

Hair looks like it would be easy to style doesn't it? i don't like anything too neat.

Like the lace top but its expensive so will have to see how special it is in real life. Do you think the jeans are straight legged? i don't find skinny comfortable and they all bag after a couple of hours.

Or is it all nothing special and just looks great on the model.

bishboschone Sat 06-Oct-12 13:16:48

It looks great because she is Helena Christensen !!!!! Lovely top and jeans and haircut but she is very good at making things look lovely !

CryptoFascist Sat 06-Oct-12 13:19:10

Very nice! It'd look crap on me with my bingo wings and saddlebags though. And my thin hair would look even thinner with all those layers...

scottishmummy Sat 06-Oct-12 13:21:37

Helena christanesen would look good in anything
she's so Bonnie
choppy layers on her hair look funky on rest of us it would be squonky

ggirl Sat 06-Oct-12 13:23:10

my hair is same style as that but shorter

I look like a tramp

You need to be a supermodel or 18 to look great with choppy long layers. I like the idea on my own hair but I always look more 'mad cat lady'!

Jeans and top are nice enough but probably nothing special for the price!

ujjayi Sat 06-Oct-12 13:41:10

I'm neither supermodel nor 18. I have choppy layers (in my fine hair) and think I look good with them. Tis a very easy style to wear and looks just as good rough blow dried as it does with a little more attention.

Boden is very overpriced at the moment. I do like their straight leg jeans though. Alternatively, I have a pair of Citizens of Humanity Ava jeans which are dark indigo (TK Maxx bargain) and keep their shape beautifully - very expensive looking denim with a good weight behind it rather than thin stretchy stuff.

You could put a similar outfit together for a lot less looking at places like H&M and Top Shop for that kind of blouse/tee look. Also I think it helps that the top is navy. Good quality deep navy colour always looks more chic and expensive than black.

Mosman Sat 06-Oct-12 14:50:06

I had Helena Christians short style when I was about 20 in the 90's, she looked fab I looked like somebody had put a pudding bowl on my head and cut around it

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 14:57:10

I think the hair style looks like it hasn't been styled. And not in a good way.
And the outfit is duller than a dull day in Dullsville..

pocketandsweet Sat 06-Oct-12 15:19:54

love it! This is my (approx) hair style and I think this top looks lovely in the photos. Generally I'm not a fan of the whole lace thing that is going to everywhere in the shops... I think it looks cheap and nasty ( but I'm probably in the minority with this opinion). I might order this top to see in person ( but am cheap enough to wait for a decent discount code).

CuriousMama Sat 06-Oct-12 15:23:47

Hair looks unwashed to me. It's the just got out of bed look.

Meggles76 Sat 06-Oct-12 17:22:55

I think Helena Christenson is one of the most beautiful women in the world. It is her job to make clothes look good. I am less keen on her hair in this picture but I like the simple top and jeans combo. Boden seems very expensive at the moment. They recently sent me a 10% off and a further £10 off voucher. BIL also gave me some Boden vouchers for my birthday and I have ordered:
this dress in petite in charcoal stripe. I am less keen on their fussy prints but they have some nice plainer bits this year. I am just not willing to pay their hefty prices and so am hoping for a few sales bargains!
and this scarf in yellow. I ordered the merino cardigan in the same shade and it suits me.

out2lunch Sat 06-Oct-12 17:25:36

what bish and sm said

she would look good in anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now