Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me an everyday lipstick shade.

(21 Posts)
maryquant Fri 05-Oct-12 20:28:09

I am pale newly brunette again after a summer foray into highlights.
I usually do minimal eye makeup a good sweep of liner on upper lid
The reds I used to love are making me look too hard
All the lipsticks I have tried are either too flat or too glossy.
Share your favs please.

Lovewearingjeans Fri 05-Oct-12 21:06:01

Hug Me by Mac is good for me.

doglover Fri 05-Oct-12 21:09:53

Revlon lipstains are great. Super staying power and a good lipbalm: it comes in a range of shades and is inexpensive.

babybarrister Fri 05-Oct-12 21:22:38

Dolce vita by nars

Havingkittens Fri 05-Oct-12 21:31:12

MAC Fire Sign is nice if you like red but need something softer.

MarianForrester Fri 05-Oct-12 21:34:17

I like my Revlon one too- just bitten range.

Am also liking, to my surprise, a Rimmel one: Vintage Pink. Sometimes add a bit of a Nars lipgloss over top as it is very matte.

Phantomquartz Fri 05-Oct-12 23:32:21

I think I have similar colouring to you.

I just bought the DuWop Private Lipstick Trio. They're supposed to adapt to your skin tone. I was sceptical about them changing colour - but they do and are the best colours I've tried in a long time.

I was looking for a nude colour that didn't make me look like the dead and I wear it every day now, but the red is really nice too.

converseconvert Fri 05-Oct-12 23:39:06

Loreal Rouge Caresse in Sweet Berry is a natural pink/brown shade and very sheer.

ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 05-Oct-12 23:41:40

Cliique Pink Bambop is the most gorgeous lipstick ever.

And I will meet anyone who disagrees with me at dawn, with massacre wands.

[challenging face]

ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 05-Oct-12 23:42:16

Bamboo.

Utterarse.

maryquant Sat 06-Oct-12 12:09:37

Thanks all headin' out to the shops now.

Another vote for Clinique pink bamboo, I try a lot of others and alwats come back to it for a versatile every day wear.

Brickle Sat 06-Oct-12 13:22:27

No7 lipstick in Chic is a good everyday colour and not too badly priced when you've got a £5 voucher smile

rabbitonthemoon Sat 06-Oct-12 16:57:32

Mac pattiserie.

hugoagogo Sat 06-Oct-12 17:06:12

No 7 sheer temptation in 'attract' Lovely nudey pink, sheer so it doesn't need to be reapplied all the time and wonderful price (with voucher)

alemci Sat 06-Oct-12 17:16:18

i like Cliniique Buttershine lipsticks - pink goddess is nice. also there chunky sticks are nice and sheer.

i remember the pink bamboo one - it is nice

converseconvert Sun 07-Oct-12 12:42:52

The buttershines are nice. Brandy Apple is nice but not sure if they still sell it as been a few years since bought it.

Aquelven Sun 07-Oct-12 17:00:43

Revlon Twinkled Pink, nude but better.

Themilkybarisonme Sun 07-Oct-12 23:23:31

Laura mercier baby lips.

I need to get some more...

Fozzleyplum Sun 07-Oct-12 23:28:56

I have light chestnut hair and medium/olive skin and like lipstick that is not too obvious. My staples are:

-Clinique almost lipstick in black honey. It's sheer, but not gloopy like a lip gloss. The colour is like a slightly more intense natural lip colour - great for the "no make up" look.

- Benefit's Benetint, which has the same sort of effect, but is a brush-on stain rather than a lipstick. I also use this as blusher.

kiwigirl42 Sun 07-Oct-12 23:33:36

Clinique black honey suits almost everyone. I don't really wear lipstick as were not blessed with nice lips but even I have 3 of this one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now