Talk

Advanced search

Thank you bra size experts on mumsnet!

(8 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Fri 05-Oct-12 18:06:33

I can't find the thread now but thank you to all the people on the bra size thread who are correcting us women who have been wearing the wrong size bra. I was dubious, but after wearing a 36c do years and measuring 31inches round the ribcage, I have just taken delivery of my 32DD bra which fits like a glove..
I expected ott to be really right and uncomfortable, but I can hardly tell its there it is so comfy.

I will need to go bra shopping now for some more!

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 05-Oct-12 18:09:36

Here here.

Thanks to statisticallychallenged and sorrelforbes and everyone else on that thread.

Yippee another convert!

Caerlaverock Fri 05-Oct-12 18:49:19

Hurrah, bet you look fantastic

Beaverfeaver Fri 05-Oct-12 18:51:14

So if I am now wearing a 32dd bra, would I need to buy a 32dd body?

I have a dress which I really need to wear a body for but don't know if this is the right way to go...

HazleNutt Fri 05-Oct-12 19:02:57

yay and yes, 32DD body should fit. of course, different brands fit a bit differently, sometimes you'd need to go down or up a size, but the same size is a good starting point.

It's definitely the place to start - bodies can be tricky if you are pear shaped or hourglass though. I had to go up a back size to get a basque to fit but because there are so many clips it gets away with it! be prepared to try a few sizes.

Beaverfeaver Fri 05-Oct-12 19:35:49

Found a good one online, so maybe I won't risk it until I can try one on then. Very much classic pear with big bum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now