Talk

Advanced search

the orla kiely scarves on uniqlo...

(10 Posts)
shelley72 Fri 05-Oct-12 13:38:33

they not really suitable for HoC 'winters' are they? i feel like i should get one (as everyone else seems to be) but just cant find anything to suit. am also wondering what season DSs reception teacher may be as it may be a suitable teacher christmas present?

while we're on the subject of uniqlo - what is their cashmere like? i really cant afford brora but wondered how uniqlo compare to say M&S? not that i go to M&S for some reason it scares me a lot!

Parrish Fri 05-Oct-12 13:43:31

I don't really understand your first paragraph. However, I would say that I have one of these scarves but am disappointed as they "pull" really easily. Mine's still quite new but looks a bit scruffy already.

shelley72 Fri 05-Oct-12 13:59:06

Sorry it was a rushed post blush. I was trying to say that the colours looked quite muted, and not many winter colours. But then if they are pulling already maybe I won't bother. Which one did you get? They do look pretty.

Parrish Fri 05-Oct-12 14:00:28

The large patterned brown one. They are quite muted in colour. Mayb the purple one is worth a try?

There were a couple which were better, I have one which is a grey background with the typical leaf design in blues, but they are quite bold blues. They restocked them at one stage so might do again.

shelley72 Fri 05-Oct-12 14:21:22

Thank you, will keep an eye out for the grey/blue scarf - sounds nice. Will also look for the purple one.

jen127 Fri 05-Oct-12 14:44:59

They are in stock now

BillOddiesBeard Tue 20-Nov-12 16:10:34

Just went on to uniqlo for a browse and noted all scarve designs were back in stock.
I love Orla Kiely (so no I don't think she's over - in response to another thread!) grin
I have bought 6 as stocking fillers for various friends - at under £10 each you can't go wrong.

Freshbloodletticia Tue 20-Nov-12 17:27:18

M & S cashmere is ok quality, but the styles are very old lady. Even my elderly mother thinks so.

RayofSun Tue 20-Nov-12 20:05:37

I am a winter too and was in Uniqlo over the weekend and didn't particularly think the colours were suitable but am new to the HoC so don't take my word!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now