Talk

Advanced search

What season?

(9 Posts)
purplepenguin86 Fri 05-Oct-12 01:19:01

Do I sound like? I am very pale, but with quite dark hair and blue eyes. I will put up a picture if strictly necessary, but if any of you good people can tell me what season I am and what colours I should be wearing that would be great!

BunnyLebowski Fri 05-Oct-12 01:26:25

Ey up penguin smile

You sound similar to me. I'm Irish, black hair, blue eyes and pale of skin.

Found out today that I am apparently a winter thanks to this thread

Would never pay for it myself as I have a very clear knowledge of what I look good in.

But useful nonetheless smile

purplepenguin86 Fri 05-Oct-12 01:34:21

I couldn't wouldn't pay for it, but it's nice to know. Brown mascara is horrible - it was actually that thread that inspired this! My hair isn't as dark as yours, but it is a fairly dark brown, and I sometimes dye it darker because my eyebrows are darker and I think it looks better. And because I like dark hair with blue eyes.

purplepenguin86 Fri 05-Oct-12 01:36:21

I just looked at your pictures - you are fairly similar colouring to me. I might be even paler (I am basically translucent) but your hair is slightly darker than my natural colour.

Hopefully Fri 05-Oct-12 07:43:55

Can't see pic (on phone) but my mother has v dark hair, blue eyes and is a Summer, and a school friend has dark hair and blue eyes and is a Spring. Both fair skinned and quite similar looking colour-wise, but both awful in each other's colours, iykwim. I have v dark hair, pale skin and similar eye colour to many Winters (although mot blue) and am a Blue Autumn (close to winter, but I need the warmth of autumn colours).

Some people do have a really strong sense if what suits them, and if you do I'd stick with that rather than trying to fit a season which might actually be wrong. Only way to be sure of season is with draping.

MadAboutHotChoc Fri 05-Oct-12 08:43:34

Its not just about hair and eye colours - its more about your skin tone. Yellow skin tones are spring/autumn and blue based skin tones are winter/summer.

A colour analysis will tell you which season you are and also which tone and percentage of each colour suits you best. For example with pinks - summers can do muted pinks such as rose/raspberry but fuschia suits winters best.

Can anyone do me please? I'm guessing winter as dark hair and pale cool skin but not entirely sure and get seriously lost when it comes to the sub-seasons! I temporarily have a couple of photos up on profile- they're not that recent but i doubt my colour has changed! Would love to get draping done at some point but cant justify it just now!

Hopefully Fri 05-Oct-12 09:42:27

Stat, yup, you're definitely a Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter grin

It honestly isn't possible to guess from a pic. I'm a consultant and the odd time I've had a 'feeling' about a client I've been wrong as often as right.

I don't know if there's a pic of me up on my profile (on phone, can't check) but if there is you'll see I look v Winter. I'm not.

Curtsey Fri 05-Oct-12 11:10:23

I also have Irish colouring and would sense that I'm a Winter - but yes like Hopefully says I have a very strong sense of what suits me and I'd prefer to just stick to that.

(Bunny your kids are sooo cute!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now