Talk

Advanced search

Lush Caca Brun users, help needed now-ish

(10 Posts)
CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Thu 04-Oct-12 19:42:00

Well, the cow pat is on my head, should I cling film or not? Will there still be warmth and red tones if I don't, or is there a danger it'll go khaki as it's going over highlights?

Strand tests are for wimps! grin

AgathaFusty Thu 04-Oct-12 21:00:16

Well, I usually mix one brun, one maron and one black block to do my hair with, so it is quite red anyway. I usually wrap my head in a plastic shower cap (so similar to cling-filming), then wrap a towel around that to keep it warm.

mirpuppet Thu 04-Oct-12 21:02:28

I always put on plastic cap -- otherwise too messy to watch TV.

What is your hair covered with now?

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Thu 04-Oct-12 21:40:09

I feared the khaki more than the red in the end, so went for cling film. It's still on...

AgathaFusty Thu 04-Oct-12 21:45:54

How long are you planning on leaving it?

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Thu 04-Oct-12 22:15:41

Just washed it off. Holy mother of god, the bath looks horrific.

Nice chestnut brown colour, no evidence of khaki! Doesn't seem to have covered the greys very well, maybe the redder ones do that better?

AgathaFusty Fri 05-Oct-12 00:05:03

I'm not sure. I've got a fair amount of grey and it covers it no problem. Usually leave it on 3-4 hours though, or even overnight. I have found I get generally better coverage if I put it on quite wet and fairly hot. It seems to get around the roots better.

I would agree though, it does make a bit of a mess grin

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Fri 05-Oct-12 07:24:10

I think maybe I could have got it on quicker, next time I'll leave it longer. It's done the greys better than a semi permanent, but not as well as permanent would. Will be interesting to see how it fades.

AgathaFusty Fri 05-Oct-12 07:57:16

I generally do mine once a month, by the third week there is a faded area around my roots, but for some reason it doesn't seem as obvious as it did when I used chemical hair dye.

I used the brun for the first couple of times, but the redder ones with some black mixed in seem to give better coverage.

CondoleezzaRiceKrispies Fri 05-Oct-12 18:52:50

Good tip, thanks. Gosh, every three weeks is a lot of cow pat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now