Talk

Advanced search

What can I wear to look fabulous at winter bonfire party?

(14 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Wed 03-Oct-12 19:40:45

I am hosting a party in November to celebrate my birthday.

It's a big garden party with BBQ, bonfire and fireworks.

It's going to e cold as its outdoors so I will need to dress up warm, but I really want to look fabulous whilst doing so

Is this even possible?

OhBuggerandArse Wed 03-Oct-12 19:43:59

It's a bonfire party. In November. In the garden.

Anything other than wellies, jeans, gloves and a massive jumper will make you look like a tit.

Sounds like a fabulous party, what a great idea! I bet you will look smashing (in your v appropriate massive jumper)

Autumnalis Wed 03-Oct-12 19:57:19

Yep. OBAA's is the last word on this smile

mrsconfuseddotcom Wed 03-Oct-12 19:58:31

Jeans
Knee length boots
Lovely scarf and gloves
Gilet

I usually look like I am going to muck out the horses though...

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 03-Oct-12 20:03:30

Well you could do uber glam in nice wool coat and cossack faux fur hat.

But, but I tend to agree with OBAA.

gettingdesperatenow Wed 03-Oct-12 20:07:06

It's got to be all about the scarf. You can't really do much else about looking fab at a bonfire party. Just buy a fab scarf in a lovely colour that suits you.

LittlePandaBear Wed 03-Oct-12 20:10:39

Wear a fab cool coat, nice jewellery and new boots. No one will know what else you're wearing!

Have fun smile

steben Wed 03-Oct-12 20:13:13

A fabulous hat there are loads of amazing hats about at the minute!

mirpuppet Wed 03-Oct-12 20:13:58

What if it rains? Is there space inside to mingle?

Jumper dress, opaques, cool wellies, big coat and scarf? I think a jumper dress and tights could be as warm as jeans - tbh I don't find jeans v warm and you can buy thermal opaques. Agree the coat, hat and scarf are what matters most though.

Numberlock Wed 03-Oct-12 20:15:17

The boots will get ruined with mud and the coat and scarf will stink of smoke.

Will you not be back inside though after the fireworks and get the chance to show off a nice top under the outdoor layers?

Won't it be dark?

trixymalixy Wed 03-Oct-12 21:02:15

like this maybe?

I was at a bonfire party last year and wore riding boots wooly tights, jumper with sequins on and a skirt, with a warm coat and a snood like in that picture.

Beaverfeaver Wed 03-Oct-12 21:05:33

Thanks for all the suggestions. Good scarf and hat sounds perfect!

We have power outside so there will be spotlights forthr BBQ area and fairy lights around the area of th bonfire where people will be standing.

There will be gazebo in case it rains.
After everyone is fed up of being outdoors it's inside or down to the local pub so will have to have some sort of glitzy top underneath

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now