Talk

Advanced search

tall m netters where do you buy your winter coats

(10 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Wed 03-Oct-12 18:44:22

i have been today into town for the third time and cannot find a coat with the sleeves long enough

im tearing my hair out please help.

faling that i need to lose 2 stone to get into my last coat.

qwertina Wed 03-Oct-12 18:57:36

Next do a tall range but online only I think. I usually order to collect in store, try it on right there and return anything that doesn't fit. I am 6 feet tall and their sleeves are just right for me.

If you can afford it, check out J Crew tall section, they do free shipping till the end of year. I used to buy their tall stuff and it is excellent quality, though can't afford it at the moment sad

MrsBucketxx Wed 03-Oct-12 19:27:40

im after a military style or princess fit and flare type.

its really hard, i found a barbour i like but i dont want to spend that much.

dancingqueen78 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:45:25

I'm almost 6ft tall and I bought mine here. Their coats have really long sleeves. They're pricey but I think they have a couple on sale: Desiree and Isabelle. They come up really big so I'd go a size down. They're warm and toasty and waterproof - I love mine!

Biggem Wed 03-Oct-12 19:45:59

Marking spot!!
I remember seeing a post on coats last year and the diedrikson (?!) came up long, but I have never tried one so can't say for sure!

QuiteOldGal Wed 03-Oct-12 19:58:53

Definitely Next tall if you want military or fit and flare, there are some on their website, tried link but just seems to go to home page.

Does mean you have to get the Next directory though as Tall stuff only available online and I don't think you can buy from Next online without them robbing you £3.95 for directory and setting up Next account (though someone will probably come on and tell me I'm wrong about that smile).

nellie02 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:03:28

I get mine from long tall sally, but their styles can be a bit hit and miss. Everything else I find too short, including next tall.

MrsBucketxx Thu 04-Oct-12 08:56:51

seen one in next going to see if i can order to store, i dont want to set up an account. its almost like the one from harbour i liked.

thanks for that.

DonaAna Thu 04-Oct-12 12:08:37

Danefae coats have extra long sleeves.

GodisaDJ Thu 04-Oct-12 12:16:07

Top shop tall occasionally have tall coats, on the web usually. I got a nice mac which fit lovely in the arms a couple of years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now