Talk

Advanced search

Something to wear with petrol blue skinnies

(11 Posts)
AuntySib Wed 03-Oct-12 18:03:23

Have just bought some very nice petrol blue skinnies, now I need some tops to go with them. Needs to be bum & tum covering , preferably patterned, preferably jersey or something equally comfy, maybe fine knit long jumper. Must be washable, available in an 18 and not clingy round the middle. Can't find anything in usual suppliers, running out of inspriation! Can anyone help?

AuntySib Wed 03-Oct-12 19:26:06

Please help!

Sleepwhenidie Wed 03-Oct-12 19:53:29

Is there a budget? There are some gorgeous pale grey cashmere tops out there that would look great with petrol blue imo...

AuntySib Wed 03-Oct-12 21:59:40

budget approx £100 for 2 or 3 tops. I have in mind something slightly droopy, but ending below crotch level to cover dodgy bits. Just can't seem find anything quite right. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

kennythekangaroo Wed 03-Oct-12 22:09:06

Watching this with interest, I also bought the petrol jeggings without thinking of the tops... fatal!
I did pick up this in grey the other day which looks very nice.

hiprose Wed 03-Oct-12 22:16:25

The White Company has lots of tops but make sure you have a discount code or your £100 won't go far enough.

Kahlua4me Wed 03-Oct-12 22:22:15

I saw a fine knit jumper in M and Co today that sounds as though it is just what you want.
It was lovely and just the shape you were asking for. I tried it on with my jeans and it hid all lumps and bumps!

AuntySib Thu 04-Oct-12 23:02:07

Kahlua, could you put a link? Had a quick look at the website, and couldn't find what you;ve described, which sounded perfect.
Kenny, F&F site not working at the moment, but will try tomorrow, as grey sounds like it would work well.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, anyone else got more?

fiorentina Fri 05-Oct-12 13:09:13

Esprit has some lovely grey jumpers and tops that sound ideal. I think there website isn't nearly as good as the stores though for finding these things. You would get 2 tops for your budget so maybe worth a look.

kennythekangaroo Sat 06-Oct-12 23:13:17

Auntysib its product code is jk221099 if that's any help.

I was checking back to see if there were any more ideas I could steal!

Kahlua4me Sun 07-Oct-12 21:50:38

Sorry have not been back on site for a few days
I had a look on their website too and could not see it. Will try to pop in there over next few days and get the product number

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now