Talk

Advanced search

brittle dry hair

(10 Posts)
chumspam Wed 03-Oct-12 16:46:45

my hair has always been fine and is more so post kids. But it's also increasingly brittle and just generally rubbish. I don't mind fine, but I want sleek and conditioned hair and it doesn't seem to matter what shampoo I buy for dry hair, it makes no difference. I think I need some kind of anti ageing hair care - any ideas...?

RaisinDEtre Wed 03-Oct-12 16:55:23

do you have it cut regularly?

do you blow dry or straighten every day?

is it coloured professionally?

use slow strokes with widetooth comb on wet hair, not swift strokes

do you condition regularly?

HoopDePoop Wed 03-Oct-12 17:00:49

Kerastase Masquintense for fine hair weekly, and pure coconut oil all over every other wash smile

chipstick10 Wed 03-Oct-12 17:10:29

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer its excellent.

barleysugar Wed 03-Oct-12 17:15:03

Pure coconut oil will be your saviour!

WellEyeNever Wed 03-Oct-12 17:27:02

Try Shampoo and Conditioner with no sulphates:-

www.loreal-paris.co.uk/haircare/hairexpertise/eversleek/smoothing-moisture-shampoo.aspx

bangersnmash Wed 03-Oct-12 19:32:24

How long does the coconut oil need to take affect ? I have been doing it weekly for last couple of weeks . Do you need to apply more often ?y hair feels lovely afterwards but I think it has some way to go

barleysugar Wed 03-Oct-12 22:14:15

Ah I see you're already using it. Have you tried stopping using heat styling? I seldom use a hairdryer now and only use curling wand once a fortnight, and it really has rescued my hair (along with coconut oil rubbed through the ends each night)

chumspam Thu 04-Oct-12 14:08:08

where's the best place to go for coconut oil?

bangersnmash Thu 04-Oct-12 21:59:27

I got mine from tesco in the oils aisle ! Next to all the vegetable and olive oils . It was in a large squat jar . Make sure you get pure extra virgin as it's supposed to better. Wasn't expensive , just a few pounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now