Talk

Advanced search

parka recommendations?

(8 Posts)
Peevish Wed 03-Oct-12 11:48:32

Could anyone recommend somewhere to find a cool but functional parka-style coat? I'd like something hooded, oversized (rather than with a nipped waist) and reasonably waterproof in an interesting colour, as I have a small baby and am on maternity leave, and this will be my first autumn/winter spending a lot of time outdoors with a buggy/sling, rather than dressing more 'professionally.

Not khaki would be nice! Thanks in advance.

monkeysmama Wed 03-Oct-12 12:21:11

Zara have some excellent parkas in. They have a navy one.

Annianni Wed 03-Oct-12 12:43:05

What's your budget?

Gap's got a short grey one and I think mango have navy too.

Olivermoliver Wed 03-Oct-12 13:06:02

Just got this blue one from Next and love it: www.next.co.uk/x50118s6#789869x50

Incase the link doesn;t work just search metallic on the Next site.

Avenue57 Wed 03-Oct-12 13:08:57

I saw this yesterday and really fell in love
www.fashionunion.com/jackets/khaki-fur-hood-lightweight-parka/invt/lcop0085khi/

I bought this one last year and I'm thrilled to see it's still online for sale - it's THE BEST parka coat ever! Oversized and warm!
www.riverisland.com/women/coats--jackets/parkas/khakilongsleevehoodedparka-608937

dancingqueen78 Wed 03-Oct-12 14:10:06

If your budget allows, then I'd look at the Didriksons Lindsey - I know you said no nipped waist, but this one pulls in via a drawstring so could easily be worn more straight. They come up really big (the advice is to order a size smaller than you usually wear) so I'm sure you could fit lots of layers underneath and even your baby in a sling if you size a bit bigger, LOL.

In terms of functionality, they're about the most functional coats around. I have one from last year and they truly are waterproof. I'm fed up with so-called showerproof ones that start to leak after a few months.

myron Wed 03-Oct-12 15:13:26

I have tried on loads from the High St - from Oasis, Warehouse, etc and my favourite one so far is one from M&S

Rural Wed 03-Oct-12 15:14:41

I saw a great one in New Look but couldn't see it on the website the other day - will have another look. Don't know about waterproof-ness though. It was navy with a metallic finish - sounds awful but I really liked it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now