Talk

Advanced search

Help choosing dress for Mum's 60th birthday!

(4 Posts)
OrangeMochaFrappucino Wed 03-Oct-12 09:13:47

My mum loves clothes so I'd really like her to get her a nice dress for a 60th birthday present. She's a size 12 and likes Boden, Phase 8, Monsoon, Hobbs, Jigsaw etc. She wears a lot of wrap dresses and likes floral prints - very feminine, frills and ruffles and soft pinks/blues etc. She's blonde with very fair colouring so dark colours and harsh prints don't really suit her. Hourglass shape, wouldn't wear anything above the knee or too low-cut. Have a budget of up to £200 and would just like to find something really special (would be nice if I could afford to get a necklace or other accessory to go with it as she is unapologetically 'matchy-matchy' and carries it off very well!). However, because I'm looking for something specific, I just can't seem to find anything! Can anyone help me out?

snowybaby Wed 03-Oct-12 09:39:34

not sure about the colour..but its floral and ruffles. here

snowybaby Wed 03-Oct-12 10:00:16

cute
www.chelsea-girl.com/clothing-for-sale/boho-dresses/70s-floral-wrap-dress/ is really pretty!

polyhymnia Wed 03-Oct-12 12:26:15

It's so difficult to get the perfect dress for someone else - what about organising a joint shopping expedition with her in your nearest town with a good selection of shops such as those you mention and maybe a few more, eg Whistles, Jaeger.

The trip could include a light lunch and/or coffee somewhere nice, and be all part of the treat.

If you have an Iphone or Ipad you could take it and compare what you see with online possibilities, such as Boden.

That's what I think I'd like best if I were her, but you know her best and have perhaps decided she'd prefer a surprise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now