Talk

Advanced search

Nail colours for work (for autumn/winter)

(8 Posts)
Maria2007loveshersleep Wed 03-Oct-12 08:10:05

I want to buy some new nail colours to wear on an everyday basis. I'm looking for some nice neutrals & also a couple of suggestions for darker colours which I like. What, if anything, should be avoided this year (mostly in terms of darker colours)?

LulaPalooza Wed 03-Oct-12 11:17:03

I am currently wearing Maybelline Rose Poudre with a top coat of Avon Nail Experts Gold Strength

Rose Poudre is a really soft pinky beige. It's lovely and v long lasting. The gold top coat gives it a very subtle shimmer.

Burgundy and plum colours are everywhere on the nail polish blogs (I read far too many of them! My guilty pleasure).

I would avoid all the neon colours that were in fashion earlier this year and I have a personal hatred of navy blue polish, but apart from that I think anything goes with nails.

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Wed 03-Oct-12 12:10:46

I'm wearing navy at the moment and love it smile

DameAbsy Wed 03-Oct-12 13:48:33

I love navy as well, and (controversial) I've decided to continue to wear "One perfect coral" by Revlon this winter (been doing so the last few days) as it's a nice flash of colour when everything starts getting dull and grey and generally rubbish.

Gwennan Wed 03-Oct-12 14:10:29

I really like Peach Melba by Barry M at the minute.

QueenCadbury Wed 03-Oct-12 14:36:58

I love winter nail colours...grey, navy, burgundy, teal, anything goes really. Nails inc and opi do a great selection of neutrals.

dancingqueen78 Wed 03-Oct-12 14:39:45

QueenCadbury, me too - I love darker shade nail colours!

LulaPalooza Mon 08-Oct-12 12:47:15

My objection to navy extends to clothes, accessories and shoes as well and is solely based on the fact that I had to wear navy for school shudder

I think it looks lovely on other people, just not on me.

I am currently sporting a slightly outdated nail look... black nails with dark red tips. A sort of chavvy goth French manicure... It was fashionable about 4 years ago; is probs very naff now but I had a do to go to on Saturday and wore a red and black dress so did nails to match.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now