Talk

Advanced search

Are you a closet moustache bleacher?

(7 Posts)
jumpingjackamo Wed 03-Oct-12 01:33:24

Here in the DM (yeah I know) is an article that has some percentages from a poll taken on womens 'beauty secrets'.

It's basically saying that most men have no clue how the women in their lives actually look. I do know some women who hide things from their husbands/ partners but it's not something I feel the need to do. I do also know some blokes who would be horrified to find out their girlfriends bleach their moustache's and would find this a big put off in a prospective partner (immature IMO) so I understand why some women hide these things.

Just wondering what you Mumsnetter's keep as your own private little beauty secrets, or do you let it all hang out?

My DH was there when I gave birth so surely there isn't a point to keeping all the other bits a secret is there?

Longdistance Wed 03-Oct-12 02:37:01

Actually last night I came downstairs with Jolen smeared on my top lip. Was rather attractive for dh to see. But, I do usually do it in private. I couldn't be bothered last nite, as am far too tired to care what I looked like. He's seen our dd's fly out my fanjo, so really couldn't care less anymore!

ripsishere Wed 03-Oct-12 03:05:39

I don't have any beauty secrets, nor do I bleach my 'tache. I either get it threaded or use immac..

jumpingjackamo Wed 03-Oct-12 13:07:27

I get mine threaded too but DH knows all about these little things.

I had a friend who had been with a guy for 5 years and they were planning to get married. In 5 years she had never farted in front of him shock

According to the article, 90 percent of men don't have a clue about how the women in their lives look before grooming. I suppose I just find the idea of keeping up this kind of relationship really exhausting and don't understand how others manage it.

cocolepew Wed 03-Oct-12 13:10:48

I use hair removing cream on mine, its not a secret because I smear Sudacream all over it afrerwards. Bit hard to miss.

Nagoo Wed 03-Oct-12 13:14:57

90% pffft. Did they just ask the cast of TOWIE?

I don't bleach my tache.

I do dye my hair, and to be fair, even I don't know what I would look like if I didn't do that. It's been nearly 20 years since I have seen it's natural state. If they are counting that, the no, DH had never met me before the hair dye started.

auldspinster Wed 03-Oct-12 13:33:57

I use an epilator on mine - hurts like hell but is very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now