Talk

Advanced search

Please find me an amazing evening dress?

(7 Posts)
midori1999 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:25:34

It needs to be full length. I am 35, 5ft 6/7 and a size 14-16. Usually a 16 as I am a 36H.

I quite like this, but feel like it's a bit boring and I have no clue how I'd be able to wear a bra with it anyway. confused

www.coast-stores.com/tobey-crepe-maxi-dress/dresses/coast/fcp-product/2213156589

I could maybe do strapless (although would probably wear a shrug type thing or wrap) as those Gossard ultimate strapless bras work well on me. I am happy to flash a bit of clevage, but still want to look classy. £350 would be about my maximum budget, preferably under £200.

suburbandweller Wed 03-Oct-12 10:26:40

How about something like this? I like the dress you linked to as well - should be fine with a flesh coloured bra? Given you are large of nork though it may not be the most flattering cut for you

Avenue57 Wed 03-Oct-12 13:21:26

For evening dresses I would ALWAYS head over to TK Maxx .. there would be nothing worse than going to an event in a Coast dress as you can bet someone else will be in one too!

I love these
www.reiss.com/womens/dresses/party-dresses/fifi/grape/

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0212-5483-3786L00&productvarid=0212-5483-3786L00-BLACK-14&refpage=dresses

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0212-9648-3001L00&productvarid=0212-9648-3001L00-MALACHITE-18&refpage=dresses

Sleepwhenidie Wed 03-Oct-12 19:39:24

Take a look at the Outnet, some stunning gowns there, this one is amazing and the point at which i stopped scrolling through because over budget grin. Lots of lovely ones cheaper though.

babybarrister Wed 03-Oct-12 20:04:38

Have a look at Issa website as well - may be something discounted on the outnet or other similar websites

AndiMac Wed 03-Oct-12 20:17:30

This one from Phase Eight should look good with your cleavage. There are some other stunning looking maxi dresses there that might appeal to you.

I'm the same height and size as you and just slightly smaller of bosom and found the Phase Eight dresses tend to be very figure flattering. Although I like the look of the dress you linked, I really don't think I would ever chose to wear it, as with the different coloured top part over ample breasts, I don't think the waist would sit where it's supposed to!

midori1999 Wed 03-Oct-12 22:15:39

Andimac, i think you're right about the waist on that dress, it would sit oddly, as they all do in that style....

I LOVE the Reiss one, thankyou! I' not sure if I will feel a little frumpy in it, but I think it's a nice balance between sexy and stylish. if I can fit my boobs in it...

I love the Marchesa one, but it's not in my size, which is probably just as well...

Any other suggestions welcome, or where to look. I had never heard of Outnet.

We do have Hobbs and Phase Eight shops at the 'designer' outlet near us, I may try those too.

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now