Talk

Advanced search

Barefeet in the rain for the school run? Best/worst school run outfits.

(14 Posts)
thatlldopigthatlldo Tue 02-Oct-12 19:39:15

I love my kids' school.
But...just when i was getting used to the clogs and crocs, i was thrown a curveball when I saw one parent with mismatched crocs.

Yesterday, one parent was barefoot walking in the rain, rushing through the playground to school.

I'd like to think I've seen it all now. But something tells me there'll be worse.

Come and share your favourite best/worst school run outfits at your school.

iWILLdothis Tue 02-Oct-12 19:42:53

This morning I saw trousers tucked in to long socks and crocs.....this was on a male on school run. Stood out from all the other daddies in their suits and ties!

InvisibleHotPinkWeasel Tue 02-Oct-12 19:44:05

I picked up Ds dressed as a nun and was eight months pregnant
I have done the school run barefoot too.

InvisibleHotPinkWeasel Tue 02-Oct-12 19:45:11

And gone to work in odd shoes blush

curiositykilledthekat Tue 02-Oct-12 19:45:35

Superman, Batman and various other super heros. Yes we had a bonkers Dad who thought it hilairious to do the school run in fancy dress. Great fun, but I did feel sorry for his DS who always looked mortified! He didn't do it all the time just randomly, even in the depths of winter!

thatlldopigthatlldo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:14:26

superheroes! that is mortifying.

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:20:12

I see your crocs and raise you crocs with mickey mouse shaped cut outs on a grown man with jeans and a leather jacket!

thatlldopigthatlldo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:59:14

yowser! grin

WellEyeNever Wed 03-Oct-12 18:07:48

The latest craze is pyjama bottoms tucked into ankle boots and bomber type jacket. What is with that?!

kiwidreamer Wed 03-Oct-12 21:57:29

On the 'best' side there is a very tall graceful Mum that I see every now and again at drop off who sometimes wears the most gorgeous orange shoes (shiny, pointy, kitten heel), straight blue jeans, plain white fitted t with a Whistles scarf I think it was in an orange / brown / white pattern. I think she looks fab, I'd like to look like that when I grow up ;)

On the other hand there are plenty of other Mums who make me feel like I'm overdressed in my skinnies and ballet flat uniform LOL

Mypopcornface Wed 03-Oct-12 22:03:00

Is Uggs boots ever acceptable?

cuggles Wed 03-Oct-12 22:07:09

long full skirt in dull colour, ankle socks and dirty, old trainers......everyday I see this on the same woman!

UniS Wed 03-Oct-12 22:12:55

I am regularly the parent with trousers tucked into socks, and a cycle helmet.... We tend to do school run by bike

I am frequently the parent in muddy overalls and boots....I come straight from work as a garden/ grounds keeper.

There are LOTS of parents in wellies, muddy waterproofs, some in jodpurs, we live in a farming community.

nipersvest Wed 03-Oct-12 22:54:54

i walked home from school after dropping the dc's off in bare feet last week. in my defense, i had gone in the most uncomfortable shoes i own and skinned the back of my heel on the way there, was less painful to go barefoot. ground was cold to walk on though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now