Talk

Advanced search

I have oily skin, my make up always feels yukky within a hour

(6 Posts)
Shoshe Tue 02-Oct-12 18:07:37

What am I doing wrong ?

I have never really used foundation and powder really as have a good colour, but am getting on a bit now, and getting thread veins and as I have Lupus I get a 'Butterfly' rash on my face when in flare.

I clean and tone my face then have been putting a avon foundation on with a segment sponge. I then use a avon powder, but within an hour or so, it feels yukky and greasy and goes patchy.

doglover Tue 02-Oct-12 18:25:48

Bare Minerals!! Go to a John Lewis and spend some time at the BM counter. It's FAB stuff; natural-looking and great on the skin!

Shoshe Tue 02-Oct-12 18:35:29

I tried it Dog, but it makes my eyes sore (in fact a lot of make up does, especially anti aging stuff).

BeauNeidel Tue 02-Oct-12 18:35:48

I don't like Bare Minerals personally, I have fairly greasy skin.

What I find really really helps, is using lemon juice as a toner before I apply foundation. I use Kleenex blotting papers throughout the day, they are brilliant and don't give you that 'dusty' look you get when you re-powder.

SpicyPear Tue 02-Oct-12 18:44:21

My skin is dry, but a pal with oily skin raves about this. Can be used as a base before foundation and on top of foundation to clear oily patches during the day.

WellEyeNever Wed 03-Oct-12 12:58:18

Try these:- www.thebodyshop.ca/en/skin-care/skin-care-accessories/tea-tree-oil-facial-blotting-tissues.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now