Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a good primer and foundation?

(17 Posts)
whoneedstosleep Tue 02-Oct-12 17:21:19

I usually use a tinted moisturiser but its just not doing the job anymore.

Are the primers worth it?
Saw a few mouse type foundations- are they any good?

I have boots vouchers just asking to be spent!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Tue 02-Oct-12 17:30:35

The new ysl touch éclat foundation is luverly!! Light but nice coverage so bit like a first step foundation. I use mine with Clarins beauty flash for special occ. wouldn't bother with everyday primer. Use a small amount (foundation) and start on nose and work out, don't just rub a lot on with both hands. This stops you getting tide marks. Blend with fingertips. Mac face and body foundation is also nice.

fluffydressinggown Tue 02-Oct-12 17:35:57

I use Lancome Teint Miracle and love it.

Lakota Tue 02-Oct-12 17:37:57

I love my new no7 foundation - I just got my face matched with their scanner dohickey. It's the 'stay perfect' one, I can honestly say that even standing right in front of the bathroom mirror near the window in natural light you can't tell I'm wearing it. And you'd get a £3.00 off as well. I also got their mattifying base thing in a white tube while I was at it. Ok, it's not been hot, but I haven't been shiney. Am converted, I rarely wore foundation before as it was always a bit yellowy on me.

cocolepew Tue 02-Oct-12 17:41:24

There is a new Max Factor one out, primer,moisturiser and foundation in one. It's £8.99 in Superdrug atm, £3 off.

Haven't tried it yet though!

cocolepew Tue 02-Oct-12 17:42:59

Sorry it's not moisturiser it's concealer.

iloveeverton Tue 02-Oct-12 17:44:12

I use bargin primer.

Best foundation I've ever used for staying power, coverage is Estee Lauder

chipsandpeas Tue 02-Oct-12 17:47:08

im using benefit primer and mac face and body foundation and its working well for me just now

ScooseIsLoose Tue 02-Oct-12 17:48:44

I use Lancôme la base primer and teint idole foundation but if you are on a budget revlon photo ready primer and foundation are really good.

whoneedstosleep Tue 02-Oct-12 17:51:21

Oooh lots for me to look at.
Thank you all!

I don't mind spending on something that is going to be decent.

swooosh Tue 02-Oct-12 17:53:02

I like Benefit's Pore-Fessional and Estee Lauder Double Wear.

WinklyFriedChicken Tue 02-Oct-12 17:59:05

Smashbox is the absolute best primer in my experience. I bought it for my wedding (did my own makeup) and the photos from the end of the night show that my foundation just did not budge. Incredible stuff.

WinklyFriedChicken Tue 02-Oct-12 17:59:51

Ok - I didn't link to smashbox - that just happened!

ggirl Tue 02-Oct-12 18:03:30

Best primer I have used is Mac's prep and prime spf50 but it's ridiculously epxensive for the miniscule amount you get.
Avon do a very similar one called face fx or summat that is much cheaper.

As for foundations I would rate;

bare minerals ( i use matte one)
no 7 because the colour match is good
ysl new one..dd raves about it..she has dryish skin ..would slide off my oil slick

also worth using a powder like bare minerals mineral veil , or no 7 do one

HyvaPaiva Tue 02-Oct-12 21:21:14

I can't recommend this balm highly enough as a primer. It's normally £5 and currently £1! After years of using Clarins Flash Balm, I'm a convert to this.

Then apply foundation directly after it so that it doesn't settle in like a moisturizer. The foundation I recommend is Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra.

GeorginaWorsley Tue 02-Oct-12 21:24:44

Am using Revlon photo finish primer and Chanel foundation atm.
Both excellent.
Foundation matt lumiere I think

bloomingheather Tue 02-Oct-12 22:01:33

Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme foundation is lovely too, and makes my skin look great, especially in photos! They do a primer too - I have the mineral one, which gives my skin a really smooth finish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now