Talk

Advanced search

I am addicted to hair products and magazines

(8 Posts)
Lovewearingjeans Tue 02-Oct-12 16:27:32

Seriously, I have just bought new shampoo and onditioner at the supermarket, hoping they will contain that magic ingredient that will make it look fab. I also buy far too many magazines - Good Housekeeping, Easy Living, Red, Zest, Essentials, Heat, Closer, Look, sometimes horse ones, because I ride! Don't tell me I'm the only one.

TheBirdsTheBirds Tue 02-Oct-12 16:35:31

I used to be addicted to magazines - but in the last few years my addiction has been cured by blogs and Pinterest! Which is good because magazines are overpriced and mostly adverts. And those adverts masquerading as feature articles just make my blood boil...

I am however addicted to nail polish and have an embarrassing amount of it grin

Beaverfeaver Tue 02-Oct-12 17:56:39

I am addicted to hair products. Will try anything and everything.

In fact I have just got back from boots with 3 new hair products!

Hope they work!

JemimaPuddle Tue 02-Oct-12 18:04:00

I am addicted to nail polishes, skin care and magazines.

I try my absolute best not to buy magazines, I am unable to throw them away until I've read them which means they pile up everywhere.
I (mostly) only have the 3 I subscribe to but they are still piling up. I sorted them out and have a cupboard for them & my 150+ nail polishes and its getting tricky to close the door.

Don't get me started on the drawers & cupboards full of face creams, serums etc etc

fridgepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:15:57

I gave up women's magazines years ago as they felt samey and patronising. The exception is Bust which is brilliant and never ever has articles about celebrity weight loss.

I am, however, a whore for craft magazines.

GeorginaWorsley Tue 02-Oct-12 21:20:37

Buy fewer magazines now,read style blogs instead.

Lovewearingjeans Wed 03-Oct-12 17:31:24

I keep trying to give up the weeklies. Bought Red and Good Food today Aaaargh!

fedupofnamechanging Wed 03-Oct-12 20:08:16

Wean yourself off them by stopping the crappy 'celebrity' weeklies. I did it that way and now can't believe I used to pay
money for shite like Heat!
I just buy Red and Easy living (subscribing makes them very cheap) and the occasional Marie Claire now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now